CHAPTER 59

Sokka had been nagging us to go to the shops around town with him but we all declined. I mean Aang wanted to go but Zuko made him stay back and train, I was tired of training and I didn't want Zuko forcing me to do it so I gave in. I asked if the others wanted to come but again they said no, so it was just Sokka and I which I wasn't mad about.
We hid in Fire Nation clothing and walked around town, as we did so Sokka spotted something, he saw a flyer.

   "Wow look at this." Sokka said too excited. "It's a play about us! We have to go get the gang."

   "Wait!" I called but he pulled me along side him.

   I was going to tell him these people sucked at writing plays but I couldn't after seeing so happy. Anyone who would break that smile would have to be some kind of monster.
   We got back to the house.

   "You guys are not gonna believe this! There's a play about us!" Sokka announced.

   "We were just in town and Sokka found this poster." I said and Sokka rolled out a poster.

   Katara, Aang and Kaida walked over to look at it. "How is that possible?"

   "Listen to this." Sokka read from the poster. "The Boy in the Iceberg, is a new production from acclaimed play write Pu-on Tim. Who scattered the globe gathering information on the Avatar, from the icy South Pole to the heart of Ba Sing Se. His sources include, singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war and a surprising knowledgeable merchant with cabbage."

   "Brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island players." I finished sarcastically with an eye roll.

   Zuko groaned. "My mother used to take us to see them. They butchered Love Amongst the Dragons, every year."

   "They really are the worst." I smirked "My grandfather would take me with my mom and even after she.. you know."
   Freckled pat my shoulder and gave me a side hug which was warming.

   "Sokka, do you really think it's a good idea to attend a play about ourselves?" Katara asked.

   "Come on a day at the theater. This is the kind of wacky time wasting nonsense I've been missing!" Sokka replied.

   "I agree!" Kaida smiled. "What harm could it do?"

   "Ruin your respect for the theater." Zuko replied and she nudged him. "I'm not going."

   "We're all going." She answered and pulled him up. "Go shower and we'll go."

⇨ ⇨ ⇨

   We took seats in the very back of the theather. Zuko and Kaida sat in the back with Sokka and I. Aang, Toph, and Katara sat in front of us.

   "To be honest, I'm kind of excited." Kaida said.

   "You won't be once it starts." Zuko replied crossing his arm.

   "Why are we sitting in the nosebleed section? My feet can't see a thing from up here" Toph whined.

   "Don't worry," Katara told her "I'll tell your feet what's happening."

   We sat down and watched as Sokka and Katara were rowing in a boat and Sokka basically freaked out in joy. The actors didn't look a thing like them but that's always how the ember island play actors acted. They basically were mocking the two.

   "This is pathetic," Sokka whispered to his sister. "My jokes are way funnier than this."

   Toph laughed. "I think he's got you pegged."