CHAPTER 35

I blew warm air on my hands. It was actually quite cold tonight, for a summer night I mean. It's been such a long time since I was last out at sea, most of my time was spent riding Appa or walking, I didn't mind this very much especially now. It's been a few weeks since we lost in Ba Sing Se.
I glanced at the letter, this was the last thing I had of my grandfather. I felt like I failed him, he told me to teach Aang to firebend but I never got the chance, I couldn't even protect him like I wanted too.

When we first got to Chameleon Bay I didn't have to hide the fact that I was a firebender, in fact that's the first thing Sokka told his father when introducing me. I was happy when he called me his girlfriend outloud, that's what kept me going, him.

Sokka.

"You're cold." Sokka said and I shook my head, he flips the mask part of the helmet up. We were all wearing cloaks, the guys were wearing the Fire Nation guard uniforms. "Go inside get some sleep."

"No, I'm okay." I said and he placed a blanket over my shoulders. I smiled at him.

"I knew you would be stubborn." He said and I chuckled. "Does your boyfriend know you or what?!"

I rolled my eyes at him and looked back at the ocean. I've been thinking of Ba Sing Se, we left so quickly. I never said goodbye to Daiyu or Annchi, the Fire Nation did storm the city like it was nothing, the Dai Li were now under Azula's control.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked.

"Ba Sing Se." I replied and shrugged the blanket off. "I can heat myself up." I said and I did so.
He rolled his eyes playfully, I looked up at him. He had it so much harder, once again his sister slipped through his fingers and he couldn't do anything to save her. "Thank you for the gesture, It's sweet of you."

We heard a crash and looked back to see Aang. He was freaking out or at least looked freaked out.

"Aang, you're awake!" Katara called.

"Are you sure?" He asked weakly and rubbed his eyes. "I feel like I'm dreaming."

Katara hugged him "You're not dreaming! You're finally awake."

"Aang, good to see you back with the living, buddy!" Sokka said and hugged the boy.

"Sokka?" He asked before fainting.

Katara and Aang sat down to talk, I put the blanket I had on him and walked away with Sokka so the two could talk. Sokka and Katara were still rocky over their sister, Sokka was always trying to make her feel guilty and Katara was mad at her dad but when Aang asked her about it she denied it as if she didn't just snap at her father.
I felt bad since they were a family and their sister was a prisoner. They needed to make up.

"Maybe now's a good time to fully forgive, Katara." I suggested to Sokka. "If we plan on getting Kaida back, she wouldn't want to be burdened knowing you two fought because of her."

"You don't know how she feels." Sokka muttered. "Katara, shouldn't have left her even if Kaida told her. That's our sister she left behind, the one who's been gone for so long."

"I can't tell you how she feels but she probably feels hurt having to leave you guys again." I told him. "I don't have siblings but if I knew this was happening I would feel terrible." Sokka stayed silent.
I placed my arms crossed on his shoulder. "You can't stay mad at her forever, I know you want to be mad but if Katara, ever needed you, you would be there in a heartbeat." He turned his head away slightly. I sighed. "Think about it, alright? I'm going to bed now, get some sleep too." I said and kissed his cheek before going to my room to sleep.

‧͙⁺˚* ☀︎⁺‧͙

That morning I made food with the last of the food we had, we were planning to stop somewhere soon to get more food and supplies. I made soup and filled the bowls handing them out to everyone.

"After what happened in Ba Sing Se we had to get you to safety." Sokka was explaining what happened in the last few weeks since Aang's been out, while the rest of us sat around and ate. "We flew back to Chameleon Bay where we found my father and the other Water Tribe men, the Earth King decided he wanted to travel the world in disguise so he set off alone...well not completely alone.
Soon the bay was invaded by Fire Nation ships, rather than fight them all we captured a single ship and made it our disguise, since then we have been travelling west. We crossed the serpents pass a few days ago. We've seen a few Fire Nation ships but none have bothered us."

"So what now?" Aang asked.

"We've been working on a modified version of the invasion plan." Hakoda replied.

"It's Sokka's invasion plan." Katara said with a ton of slight attitude.

"Yes, Sokka's plan." Hakoda repeated softly.

"Your plan would probably result in leaving someone behind." Sokka said bitterly.

"We won't be able to mount a massive invasion without the Earth Kings armies." I quickly said not wanting the two to argue in front of Aang and him blame himself for that and leaving Kaida behind. "But the eclipse will still leave the Fire Nation vulnerable."

"So we're planning a smaller invasion." Sokka smiled once again. "Just a rag tag team of our friends and allies from around the Earth Kingdom. We already ran into Pipsqueak and The Duke."

"Good to see you again, Aang." Pipsqueak said.

"And the best part is, the eclipse isn't even our biggest advantage." Sokka said then whispered. "We have a secret. You."

"Me?" Aang asked confused.

"Yep!" Sokka was grinning. "The whole world thinks you're dead. Isn't that great?!" I pinched the bridge of my nose and shook my head.

"The world thinks I'm dead?!" Aang asked shocked. "How is that good news?! That's terrible!"

"No, it's great. It means the Fire Nation won't be hunting us anymore." Sokka told him. "And even better, they won't be expecting you on the day of black sun."

"Nonononono." Aang said shook his head. "You have no idea. This is so messed up!"

We heard a horn and looked over at the other Fire Nation ship approaching us.

"I'll handle this, the Avatar is back." Aang said and got his glider open with a groan of pain.

"Aang, wait." Katara said "Remember they don't know we aren't Fire Nation."

He put his glider away. "Everyone just stay calm." Hakoda said and he and Bato placed their helmets on. "Bato and I, will take care of this"

—————————
Re-Edited; 7/30/21
Basically the first chapter of what would be book three (Two in my case).
Hope you're enjoying it all.