Chapter 10

▪'•▪'•▪'•▪'•▪ be a beautiful cupcakes, with swirls, sprinkles, and a cherry on top. The world is full of boring muffins, be a cupcake! ▪'•▪'•▪'•▪'•▪'•▪
************************************
Pauly
*****
Who the fuck has a bedroom like this?
Caroline Barlow, apparently. The house keeper downstairs nearly had a duck fit when the elevator door opened and I stepped into Dr. Barlow's penthouse with his unconscious daughter in my arms. Once I explained that she had fainted and needed to be put in bed, the flabbergasted woman showed me upstairs to her bedroom.
When she opened the door, I hadn't expected all this.
The nickname I have given her, (princess) fits her better than I realize. Her satin bed of pinks and purples is currently being turned down by the housekeeper.

"Does her father know where she is?" The woman asks.

"I texted a friend on the way here. He'll let him know that she made it home."

"Will this friend tell her how she got home? In a stranger's arms?" She questions me more.

"He will tell the good Doctor that I saw her home. As I have."

Her lips tighten but she says nothing. The woman turns to fetch Caroline's pajamas. Silky little shorts and matching top. Then she faces me again. I wonder for a moment if the woman wants help undressing the girl, something I'd be more than happy helping with.

"You may lay her down. I thank you for bringing my girl back but I'll not need you here anymore, sir."

I grin, only a little disappointed. Putting the sleep beauty in bed, I'm glad I made the right decision in bringing her back home, instead of my hotel. Sex had been my plan but apparently not fate's. I would have had to wait until morning anyway. Even I have my limits, sleeping with an unconscious woman in her current state wouldn't even be considered. However, the next morning, no matter if she were groggy or not, I would have considered her fair game. Or at least, fair enough.
So, I can't believe myself or my honorable actions, when I lay her down. Since when have I ever been honorable? It had all seemed like the smart thing to do. The nice thing to do. Why should I care if I'm nice to her or not? Perhaps, because she's already had a hell of a night. And I hadn't wanted her to regret being with me for the first time. So that we could have more sex later. Whatever the case, I hadn't taken advantage of the situation.
A complete switch in my normal character.

"That'll do," the woman mutters as she pushes me out of the way. "Now, off with you. Go, go."

I can't help grining at her. "Make sure she eats something when she wakes."

"She told you then? That she hadn't been eatting?"

My eyes settle back down on the sleeping brunette.

"She didn't have too. All it took was one look at her for me to tell."

The lady sighs. "I had hoped that she had gotten over this. It's been years since she went so long without eatting."

My brows come together. "An eatting disorder?"

The woman sighs with a nod. "The last time was before senior prom. She was fainting all over for nearly a month. It was only when he father threatened rehab that got her eatting again. She didn't want the scandal, ya know. Miss Caroline's reputation is very important to her."

"So I've hear," I says as I push my hands into my pockets.

"It's a shame someone so beautiful feels so inferior," she mumbles.

I couldn't agree more. That's what growing up in the leading state for fashion will do to you. My own mother has suffered with bulimia for years.

I clear my throat before saying, "I'll see my way out."