That One Mission

Third p.o.v

Walking down the stairs from my bedroom Y/n quietly put on my shoes before silently opening the door to step out.

" Where are you going?" Her father asked as he leaned against the door frame of the kitchen.

" Out. I have a mission." She respond softly.

" With Itachi?"

The young girl looked down at my sword before strapping it on my back. " With Minato Sensei and his team."

" Again with that Minato! Your always with him! I'm starting to think your not going out on missions but going out to do something else." He scoffed.

Y/n turned around in shock and disbelief. " Is that really what you think of me, Father? I'm just a little girl who was granted a gift. I'm a prodigy to the Uchiha clan, I do my best to please you anyway I can." She bit her tongue as she turned to leave. " I'll be gone for a while, let mom know I'll be home in a bit." Making her way to the Hokage's office the young Uchiha couldn't help but let a tear run down her face. She always thought of these moments, even when it didn't matter. Why couldn't her father just be proud of her for who she was and what good deeds she's done. Opening the door  to the Hokage's office Y/n  bowed as she walked in. " Lord Hokage."

" Y/n, Ready for your mission?" He said smiling at the girl.

"  Yes sir,"

Lord Third felt a tick in his head as he clicked his tongue to the side of his mouth. " Everything alright?"

" Yes, everything fine. Don't worry." Y/n said giving him a reassuring smile.

" Well alright then." His voice not fully believing me. A knock on the door caught both of their attentions. " Come in." Opening the door Itachi's face came into view. " Ah, Itachi. Y/n, Itachi has offered to be your escort to the meet up location where Team Minato is waiting. Your dismissed."

" Yes sir."

On the streets of the village both Uchihas were silent, not in an awkward way, but comfortable feeling of some sort. That was until he spoke up.

"  What happened?"

Y/n curiously looked at him. " What do you mean?"

" Somethings off today, you seem more dull than usual." Itachi said with his hands in his pockets.

"  Just my dad again that's all."  The girl shrug as we stopped at a training ground. " Well, here's my stop. Thanks for walking with me." Y/n said waving as she turned to walk away.

"  Hey," His voice made her stop in her tracks, looking at him. " Be careful, I know we''ve both gone on hard missions, but that doesn't mean your should let your guard down just because your with some jounin." He warned.

" Right, thanks." The young Uchiha said smiling at him. " I'll come back in one piece, so don't worry too much."

" Mhm." He said before leaving.

Walking up to Minato and his group, he quickly greeted her as she came into his view. " Y/n! There you are. I would've came to you but I had a few errands to run this morning. How was your morning?" Minato asked looking down at her.

" It's alright, Itachi walked me. Another regular morning. She mumbled taking a seat by the tree.

The blonde male approached the small girl softly, kneeing down to her level. " Talk to me,"