Moments

DISCLAIMER: This chapter is mainly on y/n's backstory with Minato to fill in any missing details or storylines.

( Flashback)

5 year old Y/n

Young Y/n was out by a small river near the Uchiha compound. She had been watching the water glisten as she read one of her favorite books. She really enjoyed reading. It made her feel like she could escape the world around her and open a new one. Feeling her stomach rumble she closed her book and marched off to her house.

Upon arriving she saw an extra pair of shoes by the door.

' Fugaku's maybe?'

She was surprised to see a bright yellow haired guy talking with her mom. Y/n peeked around the corner watching the two when the guy turned and looked at her with a smile.

" Is this her?" He asked.

" Yes indeed. Come Y/n I want you to meet someone." Her mom implied. Y/n sat next to her mom on the couch gazing up at the man. " This is Minato Namikaze. He's an old friend of mine. Someone I used to train with."

With the biggest smile y/n lifted her hand to shake his. She giggled seeing how small her hand was compared to his. " Hi! The names Y/n Uchiha! Nice to meet cha!"

Minato's heart melted at the sight of the small girl in front of him.

" Hello Y/n,"

~~~~~

( 6 year old y/n)

" I-I don't know about this mom." Y/n wavered.

" You'll be fine dear. It's nothing to be scared of." Her mother said, looking down at her daughter.

" What's going on here?" Minato asked as he walked up behind the two females.

" Missy here doesn't want to go to the academy."

The young girl looked to her feet as the yellow haired man bent down to her height.

" Is that right?" He said as he let his hands tickle her stomach causing her to laugh aloud. " That's the smile I want to see. Now I need you to be good when you go to that academy okay? It's going to make you a great ninja."

" Hmmm," she pretended to think for a moment. " Okay!" She jumped up and hugged him.

" Y/n, Minato, I gotta go for a mission, I'll be back soon. Y/n go straight home after you're done at the academy okay? Be good for me." Her mother said before giving her daughter a quick hug and left.

Y/n started to feel upset as her smile turned upside down.

" What's wrong?" Minato asked the girl.

" Mom just left. I have no one to walk me in and get me registered."

She was staring at the academy's gates due to her fathers wishes. She didn't know why though but she never questioned anything.

" I'll tell you what. I'll walk you in and help you get settled. How's that sound?"

The girl's face lit up. " Really you'd do that?"

" Of course, now hurry, we must go before they close the doors.

~~~~~

( 9 year old y/n)

" You wanted to meet me here?" Minato asked as he saw the young girl pace back and forth.

" Yes, I wanted to ask you something."

" What is it?"

He noticed the way the girl fiddled her fingers before him. She only fiddled her fingers when she was nervous. " W-Would you mind training with me to help prepare me for the Chunin Exams?"