You'll always learn something

Y/n p.o.v

I woke up cradled in Kakashi's arms. Slipping out of his arms I stood to go take a shower. I walked to the bathroom peeling off my clothes and turning on the water. Stepping in I felt the warm water hit my skin, washing away all the dirt and dried tears. As my now wet hair clanged to my body, I pressed my forehead against the cold wall. Silent tears fell as some of the best moments played in my head.

* Flashback *

" Y/n?" Y/n picked up her head and looked over to Itachi walking towards her. " What are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be celebrating your birthday?"

She wiped her tears. " You, you knew it was my birthday?"

" Of course. I was actually looking for you and I heard singing so I followed it." He said reaching into his pocket. " It's not much, I didn't really know what to get you but here."

Itachi slipped a Necklace with the Uchiha Clan crest in her hand. He watched as she stared down at it, her fingers grazing it softly.

" Thanks Tachi."

~~~

" Hey," Itachi said as he sat next to me. " I heard about the fourth Hokage." He reached in to pull me into a big. " I'm sorry Y/n."

I sobbed quietly as he stroked my hair. " How am I going to get over this?"

He sighed. " I don't know, but you will. You're strong."

" I-I'm a mess." My voice cracked. " I can't forget him." I cried.

" Then don't."

I lifted my head to look at him. " What?"

" Don't forget him, only think about the good times you spent with him." He said, looking down at me.

" Good? There is nothing good that comes out of this Tachi." I wiped my eyes. " Losing someone isn't good, it's terrible."

" What if it wasn't? The good thing about loss is that you learn something right after even if you don't realize it." He said smiling. " Can you tell me what you learned?"

Sniffling my nose I ran through all the thoughts in my head. " I-I learned that there are things worth living for."

~~~

Me and Itachi had been on our way back from training when we heard the sound of a twig snap. He looked at me as I tried to sense whoever chakra that was, but all I could sense was Sasuke.

I glanced at Itachi who had looked at me and just sighed.

" Sasuke, you should really be back at the compound right now." I said as I rubbed my temple.

He groaned. " Ugh You're always babying me like you're my mom or something."

" She is kinda like your second mom though, she was with you as a baby and all. I'm kinda surprised that she still hangs around." Itachi admitted.

" Oh shut up." I sighed. " Anyways what's up with you." I add as I walk to each target and pull out all the kunai and shurikens.

" I wanted to spend time with my big brother." Sasuke said with a confident look on his face.

The two kept going on back and forth arguing about who should be spending time with who or what not. To be honest I don't know I wasn't really listening. I gathered my gear and started to walk away from the two males when I heard my name.