Father figure

Third p.o.v

The air was cold, shivering breezes blew throughout the woods. 3 Leaf Shinobi, running frantically, looking for a certain ninja. There Sensei as a matter of fact.

" Where could he be? We've been looking for hours! He shouldn't be hard to locate!" The uchiha whined.

" Maybe he's sealing away his chakra." The brunette added.

" I sense something up north, let's go." The silver headed boy jumped up, heading towards the area. Followed by the brunette jumping after him.

" Guys! Wait for me!"

The silver haired boy stopped briefly, looking at the 2 people asleep under the tree. The male laid against the stoop while a small female girl's back was leaning her body weight on the older male's side, with her head on his shoulder. As the wind blew colder she snuggled up closer towards him.

" Kakashi, why'd you stop?" The brunette caught a glimpse of what he was looking at and awed. " They look so cute like that! Quick, Obito go run and get Kushina!"

" Why me?!"

" Because you run fast!"

" But I just ate ramen and I don't feel like running."

" Just do it, please!"

" Fine." He jumped away.

Meanwhile while this is all going on, the silver headed boy noticed the stir movements of his Sensei. His body flinched as he realized he had someone laying beside him. He opened his eyes to see his student sound asleep against him. A small smile grew on his face as he saw her shivering in her sleep. He slowly moved to grab his scarf that was next to him and wrapped it on her. His eyes met the boy in front of him, sending a small smile.

" I guess we fell asleep while training."

" That knucklehead ran to get Kushina so don't move." He replied.

The older man moved his hands to rest it on the sleeping girl's head.

" Sensei, what's your relationship with Y/n? Is she your relative or something? I know she's an Uchiha but you too seem very close. You even threw her a big birthday party." The brunette sat down by a tree, eyes filled with curiosity.

The blonde man smiled to himself remembering the big smile that appeared on her face when she opened the door. " I met her when she had just turned five years old and since then she's someone who's grown to be very important to me."

" Hmph, don't let that dobe hear you say that. He thinks he's your favorite."

" Of course he does."

~~~

" Shhh I don't want to wake her." The blonde said as his team walked behind there Sensei and his lover.

" You gonna drop her at Mina's?" The redhead asked.

" Actually I was thinking she could crash at our place. Is that okay?" He glanced worriedly at her.

" I don't mind it. I still have some laundry from the last time she stayed the night." She sent him a smile.

The blonde smiled to himself as he felt a shift on his back while walking. " I know you're awake."

" When did I fall asleep?" The girl mumbled.

" I'm guessing when we took a break under the tree, how are you feeling?"

" Sore, but it was worth it. Thanks to you Sensei, I'm getting stronger." She said while laying her head in the crook of his neck, closing her eyes.

" I'm just here to guide you into the right path, you're doing everything else." Not getting a response from the small girl he kept moving forward.

Making it out of the woods and finally into the village the redhead takes it upon herself to dismiss her lovers team. Once complete the three walk near their home, passing many stores and shops on the way.

" Y/n, we're almost home." He said softly.

" Hmm okay~" She slurs.

" If you wanna sleep, go ahead. I'll put you to bed."

" But I don't have anything to change into," She said while rubbing her eyes.

" I have a clean pair of clothes sitting folded by the laundry basket just for you." The red head said while patting her head a few times. " We're just glad to help. Now let's hurry home, It's getting a little chilly."

" Thank you, really. I wish I could do this everyday." The young girl said mainly to herself, forgetting that anyone else could hear her.

" It's nothing. Just rest, you're gonna be just fine." The blonde reassured.

" But what if my dad finds out?" She lifted her head up hesitantly.

" If he does then I'll talk to him. Don't worry too much, it's not good for that big head of yours."

" Yours is bigger."

" Not true."

" Very true."

" No it's not."

" Yes it is."

Sighing her shook his head. " Take a nap will ya."

Giggling softly she closed her eyes again and she soon felt at ease. Feeling the cool breeze against her face, letting the air tangle around in her hair.