Chapter 53

It was impeccable how quick the girls got up to their rooms to change into their gowns. I felt like a dusty old woman (You know what kind I'm talking about. The women with dentures and the small pocketbook that's carrying a bit more than a pamphlet for a retirement home) compared to them, as I jogged in a pace behind them, my heels collaborating with the plush rugs.

I hear the giggles as I stride past the rooms and into Room 35. "Delilah!" Patsy rushes forward shutting the door behind me as Wanda violently pushes me into the pole on the perimeter of the bed and begins to undo the strings on the dress so I can breath.

"How was it? We watched and It was truly amazing to endure, miss!" Tinsley says, straying out a gown. "It was great, thanks. Actually ladies, tonight I would like to wear some pajamas." Tinsley's eyes enlarge, a deer in the headlights if you will. "I'm sorry, I'm just so used to your night gowns." I pat her back, "Don't stress yourself. It's just that tonight I'm sleeping over in Charleston's room, and this crowd of ladies are a bit spontaneous so I thought why not wear something that when I jump my bare thighs aren't exposed." I kid.
She laughs and wanders over to the drawer where she pulls out a pair of blue silky pajamas.

I fit into the pajamas like a glove, both bottom and top caressing my bare skin. My hair is tightly placed into a ponytail and I scrub as much product as I can off my face. My maids meet me back at my door with a white laced pillow, stuffed with the finest feathers, and a quilt sewn especially by them.

"Thank you, ladies! I'll see you all tomorrow before I leave for Atlin, alright?" And with that I shut the chamber like door and step into the hallway. My feet compresses against the ground which is cold and air soothes it's way threw the passing traffic.

China's room is already cleared out, and so is Arenas. Plus Willows. All left their doors open, probably left in a rush. Then I reach my destination, Room 17. I enter the room and finally absorb all of it's incredibly designing. Unlike my blood red room, hers is a gorgeous tangerine- almost like her hair. I remember when I first came to the palace, our rooms were suited for our hobbies and fetishes. Therefore in my room, I have a couple of stray fantasy novels, a gorgeous view, and even beautiful ancient paintings. Her room, however, has a huge book case lining one side of the wall, windows just there for decor, and many professional pictures of her parents- only child not a doubt.

All the girls sit scattered about the room. China, for starters is painting her toe nails on a small sofa. Arena is examining a vase of some strange looking plant. It just greenly sits there with teeth, and a blank expression. Arena rises her pencil towards the plant and that's when it's jaws snap at it. A very realistic plant. Everyone in the room jumps as Arena checks of something on a clipboard mumbling, "excellent." Willows kicked up against the bed humming a tune, as I locate Charleston on her canopy of a bed with a nice hunk of shredded tree that's hunched into a paged book.

"Wow." Is all I can mumble. I may have never been to a sleepover, but I know sitting in a circle doing their own thing isn't it. "Oh, hey Delilah." Arena says, as I step in tossing my pillow and quilt to the side. I dish aside her greeting as I point to the human leaf. "What's that?" "It's a venus fly trap. It's on the edge of extinction, so I'm sampling DNA so if it does, Charles can work her intelligent magic so she can resurrect the species." I blank out, only catching the last bit of words as I catch back to reality. "Anyways...is that what were going to do all night?" Charleston sets down her books. "What do you mean?" "Well, I seen many of Genevieve's sleepovers and usually it included communication." She laughs, all of them do. "Do you have a better idea?" China scratchily says, as I ignore turning on my heels. "You best believe it." I say on my way out the door.
I guess it was the curiosity and mischief that caught them as I heard the pounding of footsteps behind me. Then Charleston matches my steps as she says,
"What's the plan?"

*

"Miss, you can't go up to the third floor. It's the royal floor, and it's forbidden from any of the selected unless their accompanied by a royal."
I shake my head. "Listen, Officer-" I read his tag and I have to pace my breath from not dying. "Frisky?" I hear the group of five behind me muffle their giggles into their gowns.
"It's pronounced FRE-SKY!" I can tell not only from his name, but from his accent that he was once an alien to this country.
"Well listen her, Frisky. All we need to do, is give the Queen and Princess an invitation. Are you going to lead us there, or are you going to risk being reported?"
His face lights a shade of red. "Reported for what?"
"For killing a night of fun. Not just for us, but" I poke my finger. "for your feminine leader."
He was confused for a minute, only before turning around groaning, "This way."

We approached the big chamber door with admonishment, as the guard thrusted his fist upon it hesitantly.
It was only a minute after the knock that King Everette approached the door with a young Princess Alexandrea in his hands.
"Hello, Officer. What can I do for you?"
Officer Frisky coughed and nodded back towards us. "Your Highness, these young ladies wish for Princess Aria and Queen Hero's time."
Everette smirks, turning towards his wife placing the baby in his arms, right above the young festering one inside her.
"What for, if you don't mind me asking?"
At this I pipe up, curtsying. "Your Highness, since it's out last night in the castle for a couple of days, and we wish that the two would join us...them...for a sleepover. It's just-"
Hero interrupts, "Of course we will. Let me retrieve some things, and we'll be right out."

They shut the door, and many minutes later her and her daughter come out in their night clothes and their blankets and pillows. I didn't see Aria in there, but maybe they have conjoined rooms.

Hero's also in a pair of pajamas instead of a gown- great minds think alike. Once were at the end of the hall she grins broadly at our foreign guard. "So, if you can excuse us Officer-" she reads his tag. "...Officer...we'll just call you Officer F, why do we?"

Strutting away she scoffed a laugh, "His mother either hated him, or loved him so much she named him after her wild personality."
-
-
I'm sorry this is short, and took so long! It's just that I wanted this to be a long detailed chapter, but decided to save it for the next one.
Sorry again!
-
QOTC: When do you have Exams?
-
AOTC: Monday & Tuesday. Yay me. 😑
-
Remember to Vote & Comment!
-
And again I'm sorry it's short and it sucks, but it's leading to something awesome! Well for me, probably not for y'all! Lol