Chapter 15

After watching the re-run of last nights "Introducing the Selected" episode on The Report we were escorted to our very first etiquette lesson, which I needed tragically.

Thank God, half way threw the agonizing lesson, the guards walked in,
"Miss Cornelia, the prince dearly wishes his time with the ladies."
You would think the favorite song of a boy band came on from the ruckus.

It was only moments before we were all in this room. Not the women's room, nor dining room- assuming it's a sitting room, as many, MANY, chairs were in rows seven by five.

I found my self sitting near the back, next to a quaky Dawn Acada, of Tammins. Her hands keep going back to her long straight blonde hair, twirling it with her finger tips. Anxiety was baring itself to her skin.

"It's going to be fine..." I tell her, patting her shoulder. Back at Clermont, I never could be actually genuine. In fact, I had no one to be genuine too. Besides family, Charleston was my first literal friend.

"Thanks." Her voice came out like a kitten, soft but pitchy.

Then the door was pulled open by the two guards, as THE Prince Augustus walked in. You could hear the little spasms of the girls as he walked threw the door way. Cornelia, who stood to the side, thrusted her hands up, and we all stood.

"Good evening, Prince Augustus." We all chorused as he waved across the huge room, "Hello ladies." And we all sat back down upon the velvet cushioned seats.

"To spruce off this very blessed day, we will start off with me meeting each of you individually-" the gasps of excitement were deafening, "-I'm going to start from the front row and go on back."

The individual meetings took forever, considering I was rested upon the last row. The quietly, he found hisself right above me.
"May I have your time?"

"Sure..." I ignored his hand out as I quickly walked passed him to the Scarlett couch on the opposite side of the room.

He shrugged off my response, and found himself beside me.
He's tall. Around 5'9.
Very Masculine. His muscles (threw his shirt) seemed like he works out on a daily basis.
His hair is a dark gold, combed to the side.
His eyes are blue...gorgeous blue...but that's not the point.
Besides his attractive appearances, he appears like a completely cocky brat.

"So, what's your name if you don't mind me asking?"

I look down, my hands tracing the lace on the yellow dress.

"Delilah..." I mutter, looking up for a split second.

"Wow, that's a simple name for a very-" he eyes me, looking for a compliment he couldn't find.

"Very what?" I ask, offensively.

He looks up, with his mouth in a gape as he begins with an astonished smile,
"....very beautiful person."

I never knew I could blush so much from that one sentence. After all, the main reason I'm here is just for my family's satisfaction.

"Why thank you, Prince Augustus, but I don't need your flirtatious comments."

He looks taken back, but it's quickly replaced with a smirk, "Pardon me, Lady Delilah, but I didn't consume that as flirtatious. If anything, that was...an insult."

I can't help but let out a snort of laughter at his cover up. "Oh, really? Well, how many girls do you manage to pick up with your pile of insults?"

He childishly debates and then laughs, "At least 7 on a bad hair day."

I scoff another round of laughter, as he begins to stand, as our time was up.
"Well, Lady Delilah-"

"Just...Delilah." It came out accidentally rude, but it was honest. I don't want to seem like royalty, when I'm going to be evicted out of this palace eventually.

"Well, 'Just Delilah', it was an interesting meeting with you."

"I guess I can say the same." I slide into a quick curtsy, and rush in my heels, back to my seat.

When he finally finished his individual meetings, he stood in the center of the room with his attire still looking perfect, and said,
"If I told you to remain behind please stay seated, as for the others please go to the dining hall with Cornelia."

All but 6 stood, one being Dawn, the gorgeous blonde from Tammins. I tried to stay back, and see what was happening but I was pushed out the doorway, and almost into a camera guy.

"What happened to them?" I asked Charleston who managed to meet up with me.

"You can't tell? Those are the first to leave."

"You mean the first-"

But her nod interrupted me.
Six were gone. Surprisingly, one of those six weren't me.

-
-
I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS CHAPTER, I know I do!
-
I accidentally lied. Marvel will be in the NEXT chapter. #shameface
-
Go read @Toribella99 story, "The Chosen"
-
Remember to vote, and comment!