Chapter 12

Cornelia leads us threw the lengthy elegant main corridor until we reach a long stair case. With her in the lead, we follow her up the stairs and take a sharp left on the first floor. We walk past the first few doors, dropping Rose and Paisley off at room 1 and 4. It was until we got to room 17 that Charleston departed.

"Cornelia, why are we all in distant rooms?" I ask, my voice curious to why we aren't just in order. "Well, it actually depends on province. Speaking of which-" she turns to me as if about to speak of something important, but instead shuts her mouth, "-Nevermind they'll discuss that with you soon. Oh look, your rooms right here. Number 35."

We turn to a set of white detailed double doors, when Cornelia checks a box on her clipboard. Before I could usher out another word, Cornelia rushes down the hall and I'm left alone to enter my room.

I turn the knob and the fresh oxygen enters the room along with myself. The luminous windows lead out to a small balcony. The bed has draping curtains along with silky blankets and a fluffy comforter. The walls a dark red, almost blood like. Along with the room, came three women dressed in an apron and a little loose black dress.

"Oh, Miss!" Curtseys one, the others repeating her action.

"Hey, I'm-" but before I could finish the introduction the youngest interrupts, "Lady Delilah Primar...we know."

I blush at the excitement in her voice.

"Well since you obviously know my name, I think it would be nice to learn y'all's."

The shortest one elegantly curtsies forward, her hour glass body clearly shown threw her dress, and a pair of glasses peaking over her plump nose. She has hair like hot coals, a grey color with tints of red; "Hello miss, I'm Patsy." I step forward to the older woman, at least around her last 50s, and shake her hands mid-curtsy, "Well it's a sure pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Patsy."

Patsy, stunned for a moment, steps back as the next maid steps forward. She has dark oaky hair that's pulled into a bun, with skin like chocolate. Her eyes are lengthy, but caring. "Miss, I'm Wanda."

I smile at her sweet sincerity and shake her hand too while she looks just as stunned as Patsy. I'm assuming they haven't been treated with such...hospitality?

The last one, youngest, steps forward with golden hair that's cut like a pixie, and the palest skin I've ever seen. "Miss, my name is Tinley, but my friends call me Tinker." I step forward, and embrace her, and the other two in a hug. Stepping back I say,

"It's honestly been great to see someone who isn't stacked with makeup."

-

-

I know, I've been meaning to update. This isn't the best chapter, but the next will be good. It might be a while before I post another chapter for this story because I need to know the timeline from the original story, and I let someone burrow mine. But in the mean time, you can go read my other story "Run." It's a bit more adventurous and daring, but it's really good so far and it's new so go check it out.

Remember to vote.👍 -Lady Makayla