Chapter 59

He stood before me, and even in Gus' eyes, I can see the pain and regret. It was he, who only a week ago was the victim of Pipers appetite. I wanted to go up and apologize for my immature behavior, but yet I was still frustrated. He didn't stop the make out session. He enjoyed it. I could never give him the attention he deserves.

"Del..." He begun as he bowed, but his attempt to even begin his apology made my stomach jolt.

"Gussy bear!" I heard from the voice that anyone in Illéa could recognize within seconds. Piper had jolted passed me and into his grasp before I could even begin to speak. He embraced her awkwardly, but his eyes were pleading. Though I rejected his cry for help...or was it for forgiveness? Whatever it was for, it was turned down by the clicking of my heels meeting the halls of the palace, and then my suite within minutes.

***

The next three days flew by with Gus trying to stop me in the halls, and me continuing like I heard nothing. What was the point? Being here when all I was doing was enviously ignoring him. Though tonight would determine everything, as in moments the weekly Report would begin. It began with a brief description of the royals visit to Paris, where they discussed gifts for a conviction. I wanted to question and ponder my way into the discussion, but it wasn't moments later, the videos were being revealed.

"That was my life, and I'm so honored to have you all in it!" The fans on the projected screen roared behind Piper, as it clicked off. "Piper, that was amazing!" Gavril admitted. "Thanks, my father had his crew help me- there was even special effects involved!" She admitted perkily, as I found my self scoffing, "probably enlargement to her boobs..." I whisper beside me, waiting to hear Charleston reply and give me a high five, but instead all I see is the steadiness of the draped red curtains.

"Now, let's welcome, Lady Delilah!" I picked up the front of my champagne colored gown as I sat before the Illéan audience. "Hello, Gavril!" I wave adding a fake smile. "Hello dear, are you ready to begin the clip?" I give him a reassuring nod as the lights dial down, and the flicking off the cd begins.

Beep, Beep, Beep...

I wait as the camera slowly churns to life, and my video awaits.

There sits me in my living room, holding up the camera unprofessional as I coo, "Hello, Illéa. I'm not Lady Delilah, but Delilah Primar from Atlin, Illéa!" I introduced, "for this project, we were told to give you all a view of our life, and that will be done...so to start off this homemade clip, I'd like to introduce you to my family!" The clip changed to a brief slide show of my father, and then moments later the camera had been on him blushing intensely.
"Hello, father!" I say sarcastically as he laughs, blocking the light from his eyes. "Del, come on! What are you doing?" I laugh, "it's for my project!"
He takes away his hand and squints, "Hello, I'm Miller Primar! I was a doctor for the Clermont hospitable, but now I'm currently in this home with this aggravating daughter of mine who doesn't know how to turn off a light!" I turn the camera away,
"Well, geez, that's a way to put a word in!" The camera situates so where it's on my Aunt Francine in the living room where she's crushing the game of Dance Dance Revolution!
"Everyone, this is my Aunt Francine!" She turns only for a moment to wave at me, "Aye Darlin'!" She states before going back hopping around hopelessly.
"And this kids, is how you insult dancers!" I joke, as she stops and pouts, throwing a pillow at me when I nearly dropped the camera. "So rude." I mumbled. Moments later I was outside, my hair caressing the wind as my nose poised a blotchy red from the icy winds. "This is my mom..." I plop onto the frosted grass, flipping the camera around so it reveals the wooden cross plotted in the center of the funeral grounds. I turned the camera back towards me as I begin to smile weakly, and even through the film you can see my eyes gaining a liquid layer as I pout, "she'd be proud of me..." was all I could manage as I turned the camera back around as I sobbed, "god, I'm an ugly crier." I stated in the background.

The video continued for several moments until the questions finally arrived. I looked like me, and I'm nearly positive Illéa was gagging about now. I answered the questions honestly and then it reached it...

"What do you think of Prince Augustus?" I had sat for moments, and even now I can smell my fathers cooking in the kitchen.

I took a breath and raked my fingers threw my fluffed hair as I began...
"I honestly believe this question doesn't refer to me, because I don't know Prince Augustus. I know this young man whose name is Gus. He's sarcastic and rebellious...he's my bestfriend. A life without Gus is a life I wouldn't want to live in, and I can say that with complete honesty." I began to stutter, "he's dealt with my stupidity, and I've dealt with his ignorance. Together, we could fend off the world. Of course I could never say this to his face, so I'm doing it through here...I'm lucky to have you Gus...The day I started living..." I stepped off my bed and cut off the recording as the lights dialed back on in the studio.

"Wow, Lady Delilah, that was something...tell me what that last piece was about? The day I started living?" I weakly smile at Gavril as I just shrug my shoulders, "I don't know...came to me in a dream."
Out of the corner of my eye I see Gus' eyes close and I want to enclose the distance and kiss him, embrace him, love him but all I do is look away as I remember the day he encountered me about the date. That was dream. This is all a dream...and he's the dream catcher.
-
-
HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!
-
QOTD: Valentines day plans?
-
AOTD: the movies with bae.
-
Remember to vote & comment