Chapter 29

"Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday Allissa...Happy Birthday to you!"

Every staff/faculty member, maid, guard, selected, and royal was singing to Allissa. It's her 18th birthday, so they decided on throwing her a surprise birthday party at lunch.

Of course it being a couple weeks since the fashion show, it's been a bit odd. Women have went home rather suddenly, and his dates with the others were fairly spent. I barely can talk to him because the girls throwing theirselves at him 24/7. Jealous? Maybe, but that's not the point.
The point is, I'm on the literal edge of falling off of this planet from anxiety. Is him not talking to me a sign that he just isn't interested?

"Oh, Augustus, come here!" I've heard each girl say about 10 tens in the matter of five minutes.

I lace my fingers around the empty cup of mine, as I watch from a distance as the strange scene of perky girls work their way to the crowded heir.
"I need a shot." I say, positive no one can hear me.

"Me too." I turn my head to see Queen Hero.
It takes me a double take to realize that the Queen not only heard me ask for alcohol, but wanted some also.

She's looking incredibly youthful in a gown, a night gown to be specific, and her curly brown hair thrown into a ponytail with no makeup.

"Rough morning?" I ask, leaning back against the table with the royal.

"You have no idea." She pulls out a big bottle of wine, and pours some into my cup and then takes a swig herself.

It's very rare you see the Queen not bedazzled, but I like this side of her better. The bags under her brown eyes, with her natural glow reflecting the sunlight. No crown or huge ballgown.
It's ever so rare you see someone so natural, but beautiful.

"So, Miss Delilah...we haven't spoken much, but I've heard things. Tell me your story."

I smile at not Queen Hero, but just Hero.

"Well, for starters, my mom was a four. She married my dad, who was a six. I know Maxon Schreave had made only the last caste available a five, but my fathers parents were felons. Not usually something you brag about. Anyways, because of their stupid mistakes, my father and aunt was born and raised in six. Starving and could sleep at night. I was born into the families of felons in six. Then. my mom died, and he became depressed. I used to always wonder,"

I look off into space deep into thought.

"How someone could love someone so much, they could just give up. They tune out the chaos and the world in general. I asked for help, and help came. Not in the way I expected, but it came. Long story short, I became a two, and begged for mercy to be a six again, that's how bad the people were."

Her brow creases in question, "What people?"

I swallow the forming lump in my throat, "Step family." Is all I have to say, for her to nod.

"Well, Delilah, it'll get better. I had a pretty rough life too. Not to one-up, but to help you understand. I was six too. I only had my mom, my sister Garland, and my grandfather...wise man."
I can't help as I ask, "What about your dad?"

She takes another swig of the wine, and places it on the table with a cling.
"I never had a dad. I had a pathetic man who was sperm donar, but no dad. He was never a dad to me. The closest, was King Maxon."

I can't help, but feel sympathy for her. The women we seen on television every Friday; the woman whose on posters and magazines; the woman who rules Illéa, was just like me.

"Your a good kid, Delilah. Don't let no one screw anything up for you-" she pauses, and straightens her posture while putting on a pink robe the maid brung for her.
"-Even though we look nothing alike, I see my traits in you. Not to sound boastful, but I think my sons deserves something along that line."

I smirk, "Are you saying what I think your saying?"

She laughs, and ties the knot around the robe, "It doesn't depend on the speaker, but the listener who absorbs the information."

She goes to strut off, but stops like she forgot something and turns towards me, "Also, Augustus and I have had our fair share of discussions, and considering the moment he's in right now I doubt he'll be able to ask, so I will- Please go on a date with him? I know every girl is crazy in her own way, even you, but some of these girls are beginning to scare me-"

I interrupt her, "I will,"

She grins widely and grabs the bottle of wine, turning on her heels, "Have a nice day, Delilah."

I take a swig of the fruity alcohol, and disgustingly swallow the tangy drink, and cough...
"You too, Hero."
-
-
A/N
I absolutely love this chapter! I know it isn't much, but it's showing Hero's true side!
(Go read @ToriBella99 , "The Chosen" for a better idea of Hero!)
-
I have to go put up Christmas stuff. Lol.
-
QOTC: Have you read "The Chosen"?
-
AOTC: Yes, and it's literally my inspiration! I'd insist! It'll help you understand this one better!
-
Vote and Comment, ttyl 💕