Chapter 11

The limousine drove for miles down one long road, citizens roaring at the window as the old Illéa soldiers stand by and keep back the fans.

Thats when the limousine pulled up to a set of gates, and I can spot the shadow in the front seat telling the guard something, and then suddenly the gates open.

You can feel the wheels bumping over the everlasting gray pebbles, as we drove up near a fountain, spewing water in every direction where it falls back into the pool of water.

It does a complete circle around the fountain until my door is exposed to the dazzling entrance to the castle.

A guard opens my door almost instantly as I step back, acknowledging the long off-white palace with the shining windows and detailed walls.

At the palace doors stands Cornelia, anxious and rushy, as she dashes towards me as I step forward allowing Charleston to get out.

"Come on ladies! We need to hurry, your the last ones and we've been waiting forever!"

She grips my wrist and Charleston's and pulls us into the marvelous home of royalty.

We pass one huge room with one huge long table, nicely set and done. The next room we pass is a little corridor leading to the office of the king I suppose?

Then the door to my right, we're violently pushed into unintentionally.

Cornelia, with us behind her, rush to a lady with a clip board.

"We can take 1 at 4, and the other at 5."

So of course I was ushered forward to a station where I was about to get pampered.

I sat looking across from the mirror to the other girls who some are just getting decent and where others are getting dyed hair.

"Delilah, am I correct?"

I shove my glasses closer to me eyes and reply with a nod.

"Okay, well we need to discuss your image!"

I give her a confused stare,

"My image?"

The annoyed woman rolls her eyes,

"What you want Illéa to see you as...innocent, sexy-"

Before she could finish I reply,

"quirky."

I was being 100% honest. I'm probably the most dorkiest and stubbornest person I know, and quirky and just more polite way of putting it.

"Quirky? Why not-"

I cut her off...again.

"Quirky. I wanna be quirky."

Her eyes bulge as her mouth curls into a smile,

"I like you. Your rebellious."

She says as she dips my head back and begins to soak it with a nozzle, shampooing and conditioning my long blonde hair.

"Okay, so I was thinking platinum highlights and shoulder length?"

I look at her tall figure and give her an encouraging nod...she obviously knows best.

She brings out a pair of metallic scissors and begins to trim my hair, at least about a foot of my long locks end up on the floor of the Women's Room. She trims my bangs so I can tuck them behind my ear when needed.

Then she whispers something into her ear piece and a full out prep team hurdle towards me.

The began with puffing some powder onto my pale face, and then dabbed some cream colored lip gloss, making them glisten from the bulb.