Chapter 63

Standing at Aria's so called Wedding Shower, I couldn't help overlook one thing. I'm still here. I don't know if he believed me or if it was destiny, but I was still here, and to me- that meant the world.

Some consider a Wedding Shower a showering of gifts for the young fiancés. However, a simple party wasn't enough for Aria Ember Schreave. The ceiling was a sea of black, with twinkling stars and hanging strode lights. The tables were filled by every person in Angeles, along with many of the Irish royals from Marsh' side of the family. Before the real party began the room was silenced by none other then Hero Schreave.
"Welcome!" She beamed into the podium, her navy blue gown hugging her figure. I haven't kept track of time, but by the looks of it Hero was getting big. Her stomach was stretched forward and out nearly a foot. The baby was giving her a sense of youth as she began further. "To all the friends...family...our dearest selected...this isn't a night of partying. It's a night of celebrating the soon to be marriage of these two." She looks over to Aria who stands tucked up under Marsh' pale arm. "However, I would like for you all to endure the next few moments, as both Everette and I finally know the gender of our baby..."
Reporters began flooding, dashing towards the stage as hosts of small local shows began to whisper into their microphones, her pregnant figure positioned behind them.
Everette stepped forward with a grim smile, "...or should we say babies!" And then he and Hero both sang in unison- "Were having twins!"

The room went berserk, applauding and gasping. "Another girl and our second baby boy!" She beamed and Everette kissed her, and then propped on the ground so he can kiss her stomach. Not a doubt that it made every woman in Illéa go insane with desperation.

***

A keg rested in the back of the room on the crowded table. The Irish figured it'd been fun to bring something to spice up the party, and it did none the less. People singing the wrong lyrics and dancing to some completely ridiculous songs. I literally believe I'm the only sane one. Well, I wouldn't consider it sane; just sober. Two figures of a man and woman were seen dashing their way out the hall, signifying a very loud broom closet. Even Gus was downing a couple shots- to deal with the stress not a doubt. Aria sat a table, twirling the grape in her glass as Marsh danced with strangers.
"Hey Delilah..." She beckoned to me as I leaned on the corinthian pillar that was supporting the gemini like arch.
"Hey..." I smiled weakly. It was nice to talk to a royal without having to apologize about hitting a gardening tool or explaining my story for the fiftieth time.
"How are you?"
"Good..."
She fiddled with her fingers, looking up. "Was it true?" There it goes.
I looked at her, not saying a word and she caught the hint.
"You don't look like the person who would just attack. Provoked of course..." She looked at my fists, the scabs healing so now it was just red outlining irregular shapes.
"Don't say nothing, but it's a heated debate. You hitting Piper." She paused, gathering her thoughts. "Mom and I are on your side, because as women we see even if you were jealous, that it was completely rational. Despite irresponsibility."
I couldn't help imagining Aria lashing out on a girl with her manicured nails because an Irish girl pulled something on Marsh.
"However, Dad and Gus are confused." I listen closely, as if absorbing confidential information. "Both wanting to believe you, but with your supposable hot headed temper they didn't know."
The silence was nice. To gather my debate, but I didn't need to debate with Aria. She believed me.
"But you know, even though I was slightly jealous, that wasn't the reason..."
She nods, the brown bouncing curls edging her cat like eyeliner.
"Yeah, I know. They mentioned your side about Illéa's Favorite and Charleston, but to them it really doesn't matter. She's a good actr-" her voice echoes off, as a clutter of chairs cling behind me. From experience, I was beginning to think it was another Irish woman who danced herself into an empty table, but when I turned the sight was pretty hilarious.

Gus was tumbling over a dozen of wooden chairs, causing the golden engraved surface of the seat to embrace the floor. I muffled a laugh, watching his drunken figure collapse into the chair next to me. His blue eyes held blue bags and his breath reeked of alcohol.
"Deliah," he whimpered dragging his heavy hand to my hair, as he couldn't help but drag it through my hair sprayed hair. "I've missed you...so much." I couldn't help laugh at his slurred words.
"I just wanted to let you know-"
before me laid the biggest cliffhanger ever as the rest of his words were regurgitated on my dress.
Gasps from the sober and laughs from the drunk echoed as I stood with the throw-up dragging down the fabric.
"Are you okay?" Aria gapes, snatching a napkin in my direction. I take it gratefully, wiping a stroke or two as the cream color spreads. "I'm fine."
"Gus!" Aria begins to whine, gripping his arm, but before she can sustain a full move I step forward.
"I got him," I muster, gripping his arm over my shoulder so I hold his weight for him.
"Are you sure?"
"It's your wedding party...enjoy! I have him."
And with that I pulled him out of the Grand Room.

We wobbled and stumbled up the stairs, towards the infirmary.
"Jesus loves meee..." He hummed in my ears, a deafening sound even with the slightest change of volume.
"Yes he does buddy," I would keep reminding him as we reached the white double doors at the end of the hall. A nurse met us there, elder and wrinkled. I remembered her from complimenting me on my perfect dissection on Gemma what felt like years ago.
"What happened?" She stammered.
"Waisted." I exclaimed, placing him over her shoulders as a bunch of guards rushed forward to help assist her.
"...keep him safe." I faltered.
"...we will."
"Make sure you give him a Tylenol when he wakes up!" I nearly scream, backing up with every concerning request as the nurse turned smiling, "we've got it miss..." and with that I turned, and for once I didn't look back.
-
-
-
Sorry it took so long to update, but I swear this chapter is just working up to what's going to make you all cry delustus!
-
QOTC: what should I do for my 100k reads?