Chapter 45

I consider myself a highly dedicated being when it comes to it. Like before mom got sick, I'd follow her around at the house she was cleaning and copy her steps to make sure that what she did was absolutely perfect. Of course being a three year old, my judgment was probably terrible considering I still was scared of the dark and talked to every willing stranger.
The point is, when I want something, I'm not going to be humble and let the others take what I know I can get. Therefore for our task, I drove Arena to the limit. I swear Arena and I lost around the average of five pounds running back and forth threw the library, and then the hand cramps- do not even get me started. Again, the point is I strive to get what I want. To be honest, what I want is oblivious to me, but I know I want something and my gut tells me this is the way to get it.
So, like we were told, Arena and I figured out every scrape of detail about China Siguo of New Asia; from her favorite color to her blood type- we got it all.
Arena's maids sewn up two gowns with matching color schemes to the party, even matching the New Asians cultural wear of kimonos. Arena's is a baby pink, with tea leaves designed into the wardrobe. Of course, we wouldn't naturally wear that, but according to them that's normal.
Mine reeks darker pink, with my favorite flower, orchids, flowing along the long silky gown. My hair is up in curls with long sticks to keep them sustained (lie. It took my maids an hour to pin up my bun, and then eventually just stabbed two sticks into it to fit the culture.)
I hold the microphone closer to my ear, as I speak into it hearing all of the wandering whispers of Arena, Hero, and Cornelia.
At the beginning, Arena's mostly in charge of getting all of our other curious, wealthy, Illéan guests to their seats.
Hero's job, is to well, help judge our actions by watching and listening to our every move. Creepy, but it's a queen thing I guess.
Cornelia's job is to cue all of the entertainers, fireworks, walking dragons, and many more that we planned.
I just pray I can get threw the night.

I watch across the Great Hall as all of the selected and royals pour in threw the open doors, and into the long serving table in the front of the room. It's a huge tent with contained lanterns making the surrounding area a bright fuchsia. It's almost like a huge bar, as behind it professionals cook their meal before their eyes. I personally can't wait for that.
All of the other guests sit aside in long dining tables, lit lanterns and flowers resting above their heads- making them appear like their magically floating. The pink decor matches the nice cherry blossomed table settings, and the sharp shining utensils.

"Dim the lights..." I order, as they dim the great hall lights as the gorgeous pink and purple lights glisten in the highest of the ceiling.

"Prepare the canon..." If someone was to suddenly burst into the conversation, they'd assume I was planning a murder by my commands.

Then suddenly the chamber doors open, and the flood of New Asians ascend into the darkness of silhouetted gowns and hanging lights.
And then almost instantly, the canon goes over and the lights begin to strode pink then black, as cherry blossoms fall from the sky, raining on the guests and the New Asians.

At the front of the crowd was China Siguo, the girl I know everything that their possibly is to know about.

Then, like practiced, everyone unisons "Welcome Princess China!" but in New Asain instead.
"プリンセス中国ようこそ!"
Of course we sounded stupid, but we all clapped at her honor as she strutted into the room as the lights went back to normal.

The Queen and King went and approached her first, shaking her hand and welcoming them to their country, as Queen Hero pointed her finger to Arena and I as we sat nervously near the back of the New Asian serving bar.
Then slowly and steadily they came back to the bar where they both sat on opposite ends so they can make appropriate conversation.

"Cue chefs." I whisper into the micro-sized device, and then the men rushed in with their white attire, as they began the food making process.

***

The party is a hit.
After eating, we all supplied a huge dance floor where people stood dancing, and men on the side beating drums merciless, their shaved heads banging with the beat.

All the selected stand in the center of the floor dancing with elderly Asians to the rendering beat. I even catch myself a couple of times tapping my fingers to the beat.

"Hello."
I turn my head to see China.
I nod my head, doing the signature palm to palm as I reply.
"Hello, Your Highness."
"So, you are da girl that is in charge?" He language is off, but I nod.
"Me and my friend, Arena, yes. We are."
"Well, I must sa dis is a geat party." I struggle with her English.
"Thanks, Princess China. That means a lot." I broadly smile taking in her features. Despite her average Asian features, she's gorgeous. Her jawline a thin, and her shoulders are strong making her kimono dress appear light.
"So, I mus ask. Who is dis boy?"
I curiously wander my eyes around the room until I see where she's pointing. Gus.
"You mean the boy speaking with guard?"
She nods aggressively, as I sharply reply.
"He's the prince."
Her eyes rise in interest, as she smirks.
"Well, is he nah cute? Is he you boyfiend?"
A knot ties in my throat as I can't find the words.
"Not really."
"Well if you don't mind-" she shoved me out of the way, and called out loud a bunch of words in New Asian and eventually a man in a nice suit with a rather pencil point goatee. The King of New Asia.
They spoke for a moment, and then she dragged her father back to my residence.
"The Prince, I wish to marry him."

The picture perfect spit take came, as I had to angle down to avoid her dress.
"Excuse me?"
"The Prince. I want to marry him."
My heart began to pound and thud in my ears, as it took every thing in me to not violently murder this chick.

"Queen Hero..." I call, as Hero turns to see me with the huddle of New Asians. She struts forward and at my side, so I can turn around and actually take a breath.

"So, what seems to be happening? Oh Princess China, how it's always a pleasure to see you!" Hero stretches out her hand, but China rudely doesn't take it.

"Prince. I wish to marry him."
I never seen Hero's face grow so red, as she turned to me for confirmation.
"Uhm...dear. Here, Prince Augustus has a competition to determine his wife. I don't think-" but the King of New Asia steps forward, broadly and in that moment I found out how short this man was...his wife must be real tall.
"My daughter has what she wants. That o ouh alliance is cancelled!" Despite his small body, he held a power in the way he corrupted the English Language in his mouth.

I felt my stomach drop. Did the King of New Asia just threaten us? More like did the King of New Asia just force Gus to marry this uptown New Asian Barbie?
Hero shakes her head, as Everette acquaints her.
"I'm sorry, but we will not-" her voice begins to rise with every word, "force our only son to marry anyone he doesn't want too!"
I don't even realize that my fingers are wrapped around her wrists so she doesn't flail on them.
"Calm down, feisty pants." I hear Everette giggle as he steps forward in front of the wife he adores.
"We accept your offer. She may marry my son if she wins the competition between the young potential brides."
"And if not?"
"Then I guess our alliance is off then, like you said right?"
I never knew the royals could get so intense. In that moment I whisper into my microphone,
"Cue dragon." And within a minute, a puppet like dragon shining exotic colors came in held by many men, as party music began to play.
"Oh, daddy it's the dragon!" And with this China pulled her group of kin away and to the hopping tradition.
"I was about step on his stupid short-" the rest of the words Hero mumbled was highly unlady like, but I understood.

It was just that quick, that the eight remaining, turned into nine left standing.
-
-
A/N
HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!
I hope this is a good chapter!
-
Not QOTC for this chapter!
-
Remember to Vote & Comment! Stay safe everyone, and don't drink and drive!💕