Chapter 76

Sleep is an enduring moment. Your body is lifeless as your mind is nothing but life. Though this night however, is the week before my wedding. I sleep with no stress, no anxiety. Because for the first time in my life, I feel comfortable. With myself and Gus. However, it's always when your the most comfortable that it all changes.

As a child my dreams were light. I could tell myself it was a dream if something harsh was coming to terms. I was usually awake in my mind, alert for possibilities. Other nights, well a blaring alarm wouldn't wake me up.

Tonight was neither of those nights. I wasn't dreaming or having nightmares. I wasn't controlling the situation. Instead my eyelids sought out the darkness of my mind. Not soaring the possibilities of the next day, but empty. Like that echo in space.

And somehow, in the shadow of the echo, my body felt uneasy. It felt cautious and limp. I feel my bed shudder beneath me and my eyes drift open in alert. After a second of adjusting, it doesn't take long to recognize the dark shadow looming over my body.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper, my jaws clenched. Though my voice can sound only so intimidating at seven in the morning.

"Rise and shine." Willow began, and before I knew it, a pillow case stashed my face, a knock against my head, and I was out.

***

I woke on the twelfth stair I was being carelessly dragged down. My hands were tied behind me, and my feet were in some strong hands. My head, well...it was dramatically drifting in and out of consciousness with every god for saken pull.

Wait....it stopped.
I feel my knees buckle into a pile of pillows and my back beings supported by the hardness of a wall.

"Untie her head, your idiot!" Willow spat, and the tie around my neck loosened and the sack was snatched away.

My sight was blur. The windows from the top of the main entrance hall of the palace were had rays of sunlight breaking down my ability to see. Then after moments of situation, the clearness of what happened came to view.

There was this sort of equipment, like a set up for a news broadcast. Behind the camera was this man, tall and was heavy at the waist. His hair was blonde, platinum, if you will, but died over the years considering the loose ends at the back of his head and a black cap to cover it. It wasn't hard to discover that he was Willows father, but he also looked strikingly familiar.

The man beside him was Willows side kick in crime, and my pedophile.
"Lincoln." I spat, his piercing eyes holding olive colored bags and wrinkles disagreeing with his young age.

"Nice to see you too." He snarled, intwined a wire within another, obviously trying to help Willows dad with something.

"Don't give her the time of day, Link." Willow said, circling me like a vulture. Her clothes are dark--black. Her hair is intwined in a knot in the back of her head, and this muzzle like object was wrapped around her mouth.

"Ah, don't be so harsh." I omit. "And is this sudden act of anger, a side affect for what you take for your rabies, or is the muzzle just a new fashion statement?"

She drives her foot forward so that her combat boot drives into my jaw. My had thrusts back and the taste of blood in my mouth takes over the after taste of wine I had at dinner.

"Somebody is on their period." I mutter as Lincoln puts me back in place.

"No," Willow interrupts, adjusting the mask at her mouth. "this baby, is the start of a revolution. At the tap of this button," she flicks it and her remaining accent is deep and metallic, like a robot, "nobody will even guess who I am..." She hands "Link" a handkerchief and he puts it in between my jaws and into a knot behind my head.