10) Lips

Akazi

I take a peak at the menacing man as he stands above me. Handsome but tactile. He had a certain smugness to his attitude that made me heat. His eyebrows were thick and prominent while his jet black hair was neatly packed away. The vibrant colors of his embroidered robe certainly brought out his features.
One would have to be dense to mistake his importance.

He continues holding the sharp sword against the back of my neck, pressing it in with determination. I was the Tai Yen, a list that was to be disposed of.
Death was my new destiny, my only one.
Surely the emperor knew this too, so why did he falter?

Xiang

"Do it." she frowns, challenging my hesitancy. I furrow my brows and look into her eyes as she leers at my hesitancy.

I couldn't do it .... and she knew it...

But why?

"Why? Why you?" I yell, pushing the sword against her protruding vein. She looks at the knife against her throat, pleading for my sanity.

"If you let me go..." she begins to whisper.

"If I let you go, you will have the list and it will be compromised..."

"I will not show anyone...no one will know." she urged, praying for my mercy.

"And what if you get captured?"

"I won't get captured" she answers.

"What about when you shower?"

"No one will see it" She answers again. She certainly had one for everything.

"What if one day you get married and your husband demands you make love? He will see it then, no?"

"Making love from behind? Emperor, I'm offended" she whispers carefully, lifting her eyes to watch me.

My body tensed as I hear her vulgarity and tighten the grip around the handle of the sword. I couldn't let her see my smirk. "Who knows you're here?"

"Secrets emperor, we all have them but it is I who must keep them." She pretends to zip her lips shut.

"So you come into my palace, claiming you are the Tai Yen and refuse to tell me nothing
And now? You mock me."

"There are secrets and promises I made to myself.. to others that I must keep. If it came off as mocking emperor, I apologize. That was not my intention" She drops her head to the floor in sincerity. I lift the sword from the back of her neck and drag it to her chin, forcing it up so her eyes could face mine.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you?"

She frowns and lifts her head before biting the inside of her cheek, she was truly trying to think.

"I am not one to hype my own significance emperor."

"Then we have come to impasse."

"We have." She pouts, still stagnant in her spot.

Akazi