29) Treasure

Not edited!

Xiang

"We are here emperor Xiang" a servant opens the door of my carriage as we pull up to the distant dynasty. I look to the setting sun in the horizon. I wouldn't have time to wash up from the long journey. King Ali invited me to a banquet and knowing him, he was very particular about his guests and punctuality. I would have time to slip in before dinner started.

"Guards, show me to my room." I would stop there before heading towards the festivities.

King Ali does not see me as I sat at the long table.

Daiyu
Next day

The banquet comes and I burst into the grand dinning room where dignitaries and kings of every type sat and conversed.

King Ali sat up as I enter into the incense filled room.

"Are you not the one who can play the Dizi?" He glances at my empty hands.

"I am she your majesty" I bow. He smirks and sits up higher. "And where is it?"

"I did not bring it."

His face turns red as he recognizes my disobedience.

"I told you yesterday I will not play."

He bursts from his chair, gliding down the steps before reaching around my throat and grabbing it.
"You want to be killed?" His grip tightened as he pulls my curls tightly.

"I rather die than live in this prison."

There were loud murmurs and gossip as the men in the room saw the scene unfold.

The king take the torch from the wall, pulling it over his face before slowly walking towards me.

Xiang

I finally slip into the banquet hall and take a seat in the rear. I would have to say my welcomes to the king a little later. Right now? I needed to regain my strength and sustenance.

As I am conversing, I see a woman as beautiful as the desert sun walk in.
Long curls and dark brown skin.
Her features were to familiar to ignore.

As she approaches the throne chair I am enraged to see ....

"Daiyu?" My heart raced as my mind tries to make sense of my reality. It couldn't be.
Why was she here? And for what reason?

He sat up excitedly seeing the hue of her skin; it could drive any man crazy.

She walks up the steps where the kings throne was and knelt in reverence. I couldn't hear what she was saying but I didn't care to find out.

——

Daiyu

I stand to face the crowd and take off the necklace Xiang gave me, showing it to the room.

"What is the meaning of this?!" He fumed, snatching the necklace from my hand.

"I am Daiyu. Devoted Woman of the Quinn dynasty.
I belong to emperor Xiang and am here not on my own will, but on the will of an evil empress"

The crowds murmured and frowned. Never on their life have they seen a woman show so much insolence and disobedience not only to the king but a group of dignitaries.

The king walks over to me, with a loud torch of fire in his hand before pulling my jaw.

"I knew a beautiful woman like you could not roam free." He stares at the necklace then back at me. The heat of the fire was supposed to be my signal to fall in line, but even that did not scare me.