18) Distance

Lightly Edited

Akazi

"Who?" he gripped each end of my elbow, staring nervously into my eyes. He was impatient to hear my confession.

"I don't know if it was a dream or...real life."

"Who?" He grabbed my arms even tighter this time, staring into my eyes with urgency.

"When you left me alone in your room that one night an intruder came in, some one came into this room and... caressed my back."

Xiang's palm wrapped around my elbows tighter; anger radiated against his orbs.

Hesitantly, I continued.

"This man... or person... kissed my spine. I thought it was you but when I turned around to embrace you...it was a black figure in a blue dragon mask."

His chest rose then fell as he tried to mask his anger.
"A blue dragon mask?" He repeated again, this time the rage consumed him. "He left this" I dig for the black scarf. It was tied around the bed post. A sign proving they were here." His grip was more lethal as time passed.

"Xiang.....you're hurting me" I whisper, reminding him of the grip around my arm. He let me go, walking to the bed and sinking to the covers. He  pushed his head into his palms, contemplating my recent confession. The stress had finally overtaken him. 

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He muttered.

"I thought it was a dream or maybe a hallucination? I woke up the next morning and you were in my arms so I thought nothing of it."

He pushed a thumb to his lip, looking towards the window. He looked angry. At me or the masked stranger, I could not tell.

Xiang

The recent update from my Daiyu had shaken me to my core. An intruder? In my room? Touching my Daiyu?

Anger was the only emotion flooding my senses.

"I'm sorry. I should have told you" she cries again. I saw the distress in her eyes and stand to meet her, wiping away her tears before gently running a palm against her cheek.

"This is not your fault." I tried to soothe her trembling.

"What do we do Xiang?" Her lip quivered with fear. I could tell how vulnerable she was being. My Daiyu was strong but she never let it show. She was an innocent bystander in the scheme of dragon heads.

"We must remove that tattoo. It is the only way Daiyu"

She cries into my chest knowing the trouble she had caused. I intertwine my hand with hers holding her palm to my heart. I allow her to cry, letting the room silence with her cries.

"I will increase security. No one goes in or out the Royal quarters without my clearing."

She looked away knowing the trouble that would cause.

Akazi

"As for now." He looked into my eyes and led me to his opulent bathroom.

He calls my maidens from outside the room and instructed them to meet him.
He pulls away my robes, gently running a palm against my chest before trailing it down to my back.

I hiss at his touch and blush.
His eyes were hungry, like a child eager to suck his mothers bosoms. Like a lion impatiently waiting to consume its kill.
He wanted all of me.
And I was ready to give it to him.