50) Honored Guest

Akazi

I stand and go to grab my towel, quickly trying to hide my dignity. I hear them laughing then arguing, then laughing again just beyond the doors.

I walked through the bathroom doors and crossed my hands over my chest, patiently waiting for them to finish their little reunion.

His brother mumbles and whispers something to Xiang before they both turn to watch me.

I walk up to Xiang, snatching his jaw and pressing my lips against his recklessly. I wanted to make sure this brother knew I belong to Xiang and only him.
Xiang kisses me tenderly, pulling me close but breaking away.

"Later Daiyu" he whispers, wiping my lips clean before turning back to his brother. Just as I thought I was scott free, his brother smirks and points at me.

"No wonder you look familiar" he pretends to suddenly remember. "So we meet again?" The bold man chimed.

"Meet again?" Xiang repeats.

"Who are you?" I frown, annoyed that he thought I should know. As if he held that much importance.

"This is my brother but he is also the crowned Prince of the Dynasty"

Heat fills my face as I realize his title and importance. No wonder he was so bold!
I bow to him to show my respect. I remembered I was still in Xiang's Dynasty which still had a series of customs and regulations. I had to show him respect now that I knew he was Royal.

"You may rise" he commanded. I loathed the way he gave me permission. He was relishing in his authority over me and he knew it made me fume.

"I did not know you were... I just... I mean..." I try to find my apology.

"That is fine" he dismisses my bashfulness.

"You two met already?" Xiang looked a little jealous.

"I bumped into him."
"I bumped into her"

We said it in the same breath before chuckling awkwardly. He took over the conversation and smirked. "We bumped into each other and..."

"Yea..." I look away awkwardly. I would doubt Xiang would be so calm if he knew we shared a kiss. His brother looked at me before looking at Xiang, waiting to be introduced.

"This is.. she is my... well my Daiyu."

"No need to be bashful brother. I have a hòugōng too in my kingdom brother."

I blush and gather Xiang's robe to wear it. I needed to get out of here and fast! I couldn't stand the embarrassment plaguing me. I walked over to Xiang and knelt, begging for him to allow me to depart.

"Please send me back. I don't want to stay here."

He lifted me from the ground and kissed my lips. "I'll call for you tomorrow." 

I nodded, eager to leave the room so they could reunite and catch up. Plus, I didn't like his brother.

"Brother dont be so prompt! Why doesn't she join us for dinner tonight?" He suggested purposely. "You did throw a banquet for my arrival" he says as if it were his right.

I blushed but looked over at Xiang, praying he could feel my discomfort for this situation.
"No... I think she is rather tired" he reads the fear in my eyes.
Thank you I smile with my eyes.

"Oh nonsense. I would like it if you accompanied me to dinner Akazi."

I hated the way he said my real name. Who gave him the right to use it?