48) Stranger

Akazi

Xiang had a meeting to deal with the sanctions of the kingdom, leaving me alone in the wings.

Call me foolish, but I didn't care to remain in the place where intricately braided tapestries of every color sprawled across each room. It was not really thrilling experience I was anticipating expecting.

Two of Xiang's guards hovered at my heel as I walked across another wing filled with hallways.
I had to find a way to get rid of them.

"Ahhh!" I pretend to scream. The two guards run to my side." Queen Consort" they bow, looking over me with concern.
I pretend to cry as I look behind them. "I thought I saw something...over there"no pointed. " it looked like an intruder" I frown.

"We will go check it out. Please stay here" they command me. I nod, assuring them of my obedience and stay put.
They sprint to investigate the noise. Just as they turn the corner, I gather the ends of my elegant dress and run to find the exit to leave. I knew where I wanted to go. It was the very place Xiang had shown me.

——

That wasn't to difficult.
It probably took me 20 minutes to find the hidden treehouse in the forrest.
I find myself lost in Chinese fables written in scrolls before I hear a noise.
It was...footsteps?
Someone was coming up ladder!
But who could it be? The only other person who know of this place was Xiang. Maybe the guards had alerted him of my disappearance?

But even with that, I couldn't be too sure. I grab the sharpest thing I could find, which was a fan, and jump to my feet, holding it up to defend myself.

The deep shadows of the figure came closer and closer until finally.

I shouldn't have gasped the way I did but I couldn't help it. I am taken back as I see a man as handsome and tall as the emperor. His shiny black hair fell into effortless cascades over his broad shoulders.
His eyes were the color of stone. He had the type of face that made you stop in your tracks. It didn't help that he knew it.
He looked as regal as Xiang. I could tell he was someone of high importance. But even despite his confident stature, he looked dark and menacing; as if he were nothing but trouble.

There was an uncomfortable silence between us. It was like each of us was daring the other to speak first.

Every step he takes was prideful and calculated. He walks over to me, forcing himself into my space.
I try to back away but he takes my arm and pushes me against the wall.

I didn't know whether he wanted to kill me or fight me but I didn't plan to stay and find out.

He smiled now, and held the elbows of my arms.

"Let go" I pouted. He was silent, refusing to speak. His dark eyes refused to part with mine.

"What are you doing in the emperors private room." His voice was deep and demanding. It matched his demeanor.

"I should be asking you the same." I return with a glare.  He smirks and looks into my eyes.

"Looks like we are both somewhere where we should not be."

"I am allowed to be here" I defended boldly. It was further than the truth. He lets out a lazy chuckle, refusing to take my word.

"You're so..." his palms slipped just beneath my jaw. I wince at the unexpected contact, pushing my head against the wall, trying my hardest to create more distance between us. 

He lifts a finger to my brow, rubbing softly before bringing a thumb to my lips.
"F*uck" He curses shamelessly. His touch was too invasive for my liking. The beating of my heart was rapid and loud. There was no mistaking the sound.

I needed to get out of here and fast.

It all happened so fast. He pulls me into his reach, lifting my jaw before pulling my lips into his.

I quickly pull away, fuming before slapping his cheek. The sound echoed against the hidden treehouse.

Anger rises within me as I watch him. "Don't ever do that again. To me or any other woman you just meet without so much of a introduction.
What right do you have to hold me in this way? To force your kiss upon a woman you've just met!" I fumed, wiping his essence away from my lips.

"I apologize... but when I see someone as beautiful as you..." he smiles.

I could say that I belonged to the emperor but I didn't know how crazy this man was.
He could kill me at any point.
I wasn't even supposed to be here.

"If you are that apologetic you would let me leave...on my own will." I say, looking down to his body as he trapped me against the wall.

He nods his head and hesitantly steps away, signaling for me to go. My steps quicken the moment my feet hit the floor of the Forrest.

I run back to the western wing, and bury myself into the bed, hiding from the embarrassment.

I would have to tell Xiang about this, even though he forbade me from leaving the palace.

And who was that perverted man who kissed me?