Prologue: Beyond the Mist

Five centuries ago--There was an ancient race, blessed by the Heavens and mana.

A race known as the Elves.

They had lived within the forsaken lands, said to have housed wild magic, and spirits.

Many within the Clover Kingdom were told the Elves were demons, and possessed powerful magic unlike any other. Citizens, bandits and Hunters sought out to take their magic for themselves, to become the equivalent of Gods.

Though they didn't understand, the more they took, the less they had.

One day, a member of the tribe saved the life of a human from a tornado made from wild magic itself. The human he had saved, was the Princess of Clover.

The eldest brother and younger saw this as an opportunity for Humans and Elves to co-exist peacefully without fear.

The eldest brother had been the King of Clover, was kind, and understanding to the needs of others, even if they weren't citizens of the Kingdom, nor did it matter to him that they were not of royalty.

His youngest possessed the rare four leaf grimoire, who had befriended the elf that had saved the life of his sister, and he would eventually become the first Wizard King.

Though the work had been perilous and hopeless to most, they had succeeded in making the first village where humans and elves could co-exist.

The King had soon fallen for a warrior Elf of the tribe--And with that love, came their first child, and heir to the throne.

The young Heir was said to have been blessed with a gift like no other, making them different then the rest; though their difference was what made them all the more special.

The young Heir had become the beacon of hope, as once and for all, they were to bring the humans and elves together, along with the birth of a second child from the love of the princess and her savior.

However... One fateful day... The young Heir suddenly vanished in that of a storm, and not long afterwards... So did the Elves.

***

Hage Village had been a little peaceful village, as they rarely had to worry about anything. Occasionally the closest thing it had to worry about was one or two storms or even sometimes some unwanted visitors, though other than that, it has been fine all things considered really.

    The only thing they had to worry about was the rumored Wandering Mist.

    By now, everyone in the Clover Kingdom knew the story.

    It was said that the mist never stayed in one place, and appeared no matter the season, and no matter the weather even if there wasn't any wind to push the clouds.

Those that are caught within are said to see their worst fears, and nightmares that have said to have chased off even the most elite Magic Knights. It was said to have appeared at random, in different parts of the land, even there to the other kingdoms.

    However every now and then it would appear in different parts of the little village, and stay for a long period of time before vanishing again. No one in the village knew why, all they knew was when they saw the mist they had to stay away from it.