Page 37: The Blue Wolf Who Was Born With Antlers

-Black Bulls Base-

    It had already been midday as most of everyone had been either helping out around the base or some were out and away on a mission. Though throughout most of the day it had been normal for everyone in the base. Well mostly normal. Vandy and Jubei looked oddly nervous as they were trying to keep their cool as they helped sweep the floor. They watched as Yami took care of Adrien while he whimpered from trying to move his leg as he held onto the pouch that Prism used to carry him with.

    Yami told the raptor as Adrien had been trying to move away from the eel he was trying to feed him, "Come on, don't be stubborn. Kid said you gotta eat this to get your strength back up."

    Adrien merely huffed as he moved his body to turn his back from him.

    "You're trying me, Lizard." Yami growled. "Hold still."

    Adrien let out a surprised noise when Yami started to open up his jaw; he nearly gagged when the eel was shoved down his throat causing him to gag. "Down the hatch." He said as he closed his jaw to get him to swallow.

    "Maybe we should tell him?" Vandy asked.

    "No way!" Jubei whispered, "If we say something he's gonna kill her, then bring her back just to do it again!"

    "This isn't like not telling her parents now Jubei!" Vandy argued, "She's basically the whole future of Clover in other words the Captain's responsibility. And you know what happens when Prism gets sick." He soon shivered, "I don't think I can deal with the Boogeyman again."

    Jubei soon told Vandy, "Neither can I bro so ixnay on the sick-ay!"

    "Ixany on what now?"

    The siblings shrieked when they saw Yami had been right in front of them; Jubei couldn't help but jump in Vandy's arms as they possessed a fearful look.

    "H-Hey! Uncle Yami!" Vandy said, "W-We were just sweeping the floors and talking about uh--"

    "Making a birthday cake for Pluck!" Jubei said, "And uh--Planning a surprise party for Prism! She LOVES surprise parties!"

    "Yeah! We figured we would make it the biggest surprise party for her, you know--" Vandy said, "--And oh yeah! Pluck loves that layered cake! He's not big on surprise parties!"

    Yami gave the two of them a look as they started to sweat. He told them, "A surprise party for Prism? Wanna tell me what's that about?"

"U-Uh, well--" Vandy said, "--W-We uh--"

Jubei soon stammered as she replied, "--Prank? Y-yeah! She used to love messing with Pluck back home so--We thought we could pull a prank!"

Vandy and Jubei had a smile on their faces while Yami just gave the two kids a look as they sweated. "... You're not buying this are you?" Vandy asked still with a forced smile.

"Not even in the slightest." He said taking a puff before he asked, "now what's up with the princess?"

"What? Nothings wrong with her, really!" Jubei said still with a forced smile. Though after a few moments of silence Jubei soon caved. "Prism woke up sick this morning." She said rather quickly.

Yami's eyebrow twitched making the kids jump. "Would you mind stepping outside?" Yami told them.

Neither of the kids didn't hesitate nor backtalk as they made a mad dash out the door, dropping what they were doing. Yami took a deep breath before he put his cigarette down before he said, "Prism--"