Chapter 29....Something Worth Mentioning

Athena's POV:

I never thought that I, Athena Kali Brooks, would ever break down like that. I'm strong, independent, bitch, badass, fireball that nothing, nobody, would EVER break.

And yet, I did.

And it was because I couldn't stand the truth. The truth is He was alive and He is back.

In reality I just thought I was strong, independent, bitch, badass, fireball that nothing, nobody, would EVER break.

I have only felt this weak and worthless once before and I worked so hard to never feel that way again.

But here I am being held by probably the only good thing in my life right now, Dylan, and laying in my bed back home.

What in the world did I ever do to deserve him?

"You went through hell, Baby, and you survived." He whispered gently stroking my hair.

"Huh?" I moved to look up at him.

"You asked what you did to deserve me."

"Oh! Oops you weren't supposed to hear that. Hell, I didn't think I said that out loud." I looked back down as a blush began to creep up my face.

Oh fudge! What's going on with me!?!?! I don't blush! I don't do any of this! I just make people wish they could be with me. Not actually do all this stuff.

Girl, he's the reason why! Cher screamed.

We held back because we wanted to do this with him. Cleo decided to butt into the conversation.

And him ONLY!! They chorused together.

Haha okay guys.

I sighed, "I'm sorry."

"What for?" He sounded so confused and I can tell that he was crinkling his eyebrows.

"For every hellish moment."

He immediately stops stroking my hair. He picks me up and sets me down facing him on his lap.

"What are you talking about, baby girl?" He asked gently while cupping my face making me look at him.

I looked at him and saw confusion, sadness, and uncertainty. I put my hands on his chest.

"I'm talking about...."

What the hell am I talking about?

Damn girl, that's what I was gonna ask.

Well are you gonna help me, Cleo, or just gonna sass me?

I'm just gonna sass you because I have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

I sighed. Great, of course I got her as my vamp. I couldn't get someone who's nice and helpful? Nnnooooo. I had to get her.

Hey, I can hear you!

"Baby girl?" Dylan asks pulling me out of my confusion.

I sighed and started to move my hands up and down his chest. For some reason he didn't stop me and I didn't want to stop. Then I realized what I ment and for once it didn't scare me or worry me or anything like that.

But, it might to him.

"Dylan, there is something you need to understand." I looked up at his gorgeous confused face before saying, "I need you to understand this."

"Okay." He whispered softly.

"I'm not an open person. I'm not someone who's going to tell you every little detail about me. I don't like talking about my feelings and the past. The way I see it is, every situation, every event, every moment will eventually be in the past and it's in the past for a reason. Each one might be there for a different reason but each has it's reasons." I looked into his eyes pleading him to understand.