*Chapter 22....Rogues and HIM?

• Dedicated to @read_write_love_life

Edited

Athena's POV:

"You know, when Cameron told us about these rogues. I didn't expect this." I said shaking my head as I look at the group of ten rogues.

"Neither did I." Jason agreed as he came up on the rock next to me.

For the past hour, Jay and I have been scouting out these groups of rogues. Now we stand on a large rock pile that gives us the perfect view over the north east border but at the same time is concealed enough that below you would have to know exactly where to look to see us.

"Why?" Jay looked over at me confused. "I mean why do this? Why now?"

Jay sighs and shrugs before answering. "I don't know. I honestly don't know."

"It's strange how one day two rogues with two pups show up claiming to have escaped from the destruction of their pact by their neighboring pack. Then a few days later we find out Alpha Easley's pact is having an increase of rogue attacks. And not hours after receiving that information Cameron links us and sends us here, to our north eastern and east border." I looked out over the landscape and the group of rogues building camp right on the other side of our border.

"It just seems so...so..." I paused as a tried to think of the right word.

"Weird? Perfect? Set up? Coincidental? Odd? Crazy?" Jay guessed.

I couldn't hold back my smile. "Yes. No. Well, you know what I mean."

"Yeah, I do. I don't like how we can see the pieces to the puzzle but we can't see the image because of all the missing pieces,"

"Is this what Cameron feels like when we pull crazy stunts on him?"

"Maybe. Why?"

"Just wondering." I said with a shrug.

We stood there watching the activities of the rogues below. Six of them were men ranging from the age of what looks to be early twenties to early forties. The four remaining were women ranging from the ages of late teens to early thirties,

Something about this whole situation just doesn't sit right with me, I decided to link Ricky and check up on the group over there.

Ricky?

Hi, Athena.

Updates?

Nothing new, They are making progress in setting up camp though.

How far are they?

They have a fire pit set up along with some sturdy looking shelters among other necessities that appear to be near completion.

It sounds like we are seeing very similar things.

Yes, it appears so.

Okay, thank you for the update. I'll check in with you again in about thirty minutes, if anything happens before hand immediately link me.

Of course.

Good, oh before I go make sure that you rest your men over there and rotate them. Hopefully when the rogues see the rotation or even that there are more of us they might get scared and leave.

Of course.

Great. Talk to you in hopefully thirty minutes.

I started to cut off the link when someone stops me.