Chapter 36....Learning, Kind of

Dylan's POV:

Where the hell is she!!!!

She's been gone for eight days, ten hours, thirty minutes, eighteen seconds and ten mila-seconds now!

I know she isn't dead. I know I saw with my own two eyes her neck get snapped.

But she isn't dead. She can't be. I would have felt the pain of losing that one thing you could never part with, the pain that would kill me, literally.

When your mate dies, a part of you doesn't just die it eats away at you until you die. Werewolves can't live without their mates once they are found.

Sure, there are instances when you get rejected or reject your mate that you won't die with them but you will still feel the pain of their death because a part of you never rejected them but accepted them. That part dies when they do.

So.....She isn't dead! I would know!

Dylan?

What!!!!!! I yell in frustration.

Ever since she suddenly vanished with that.....creep. I have been pissed off and frustrated. I would periodically feel this sharp knife like pain then it would quickly turn into a dull throb.

With that pain I knew that she was being tortured because I couldn't feel any surge of power that I get when she fights. That's another clue that she is alive because I am feeling what she is feeling just the dull version.

We got the maps.

Coming. I growled.

I got to my feet and walked out of my room. Down the hall to the stairs, down a level and again walked up to the huge intricate double doors of my father's office, a place that I have been in way to many times.

We should be in my office but right now I have major trust issues which extends to some pack members that need to be apart of this whole process. I just don't trust them in my space.

I sighed and pushed open the double doors and closed them with a quiet thud. I strode over to the table where Brady, Cody, my father stood along with Jason, Kyle, my dad's beta and Brady's dad, Brandon, my dad's third and Cody's father, and finally Cameron who stood slightly away from everyone else.

"Glad you're here, son." My father said with a tight forced smile.

"We found the maps that we were looking for from the start but nothing jumps out as a place where she could possibly be." Kyle filled me in as I looked over the maps covered in circles, lines and X's.

I sighed and took in the maps. The majority of the land was either covered in buildings or wooded area. The wooded area provided little to no privacy being right next to massive public buildings like restaurants and shopping centers.

"How deep are the wooded areas?" I asked. Maybe she's in one of the deeper parts well concealed?

"The wooded areas are no more than five miles deep." Cody tells me with a edge of frustration telling me they already considered what I was thinking.

"Really?" I'm surprised, five miles of wooded areas is nothing.

Sure it might sound a lot but let's put in prospective. If we run in our wolf forms we could run five miles in no more than ten minutes and A, being both a vamp and a wolf, can do it probably around five minutes. Humans will take hours walking and just a little less when running. Meaning?

We need our space.

"Could he be using one of the buildings?"

"Nope, already looked into that?"