Chapter 40...Fae? Cool! Visions? Not Cool

Athena's POV:

I gasp, she's a fae? Cool! I smile widely at her to show that's amazing.

"That makes so much sense!" Dylan exclaims.

We all turn to him confused at his outburst. I mean sure it is cool and everything but I don't see how it makes so much sense. I guess it's just Dylan being...well Dylan.

"What?" He asks looking around at our confused faces. "It does. Anyway-" He shrugs and turns his attention to Alyssa, "-I'm Dylan." He offers his hand for her to shake.

She looks down at it confused and unsure of what to do. But she quickly realizes it and reaches out and shake his hand.

"Why don't we take a seat and get to know each other." Cody suggests.

We move to sit in a circle on the massive bed and break out into conversation. But shortly into the conversation I zone out. My thoughts taking over my mind and leaving me in more confusion and uneasiness. I hate it because one thought is stronger and keeps come back no matter how hard I try to get rid of it. What is wrong with me?

Nothing is wrong with you, A.

Are you sure, Cher.

Positive.

Well that makes me feel better.

Good, I'm glad.

"You had a vision."

"What?" I ask in shock.

I was zoning out of conversation back to the whole incident of the dream and reality. But what is Alyssa going in about? Visions? No way, I have those or I had one for that matter.

I look at Alyssa to see her rolling her eyes.

"You're a daughter of death, aren't you?"

I nod, "Yes, and a daughter of moon."

I continue to look at Alyssa and she does the same.

"Huh? You're not a daughter of either of those. Wait, what are those?" Cody interrupts.

"Vampire."

"And, werewolf"

"I am both." Neither one of us breaking our gaze as we answer Cody.

"Oh." He mumbles.

"When?"

"Before I got rescued. A night or two before, I don't know. Never had any sense of time down there."

"How close to reality?"

"Word, wise? Pretty damn close. Action wise? Opposite."

"What action?"

"Rescue."

"First one?"

"Yes."

"Lie." Quickly and firmly replies.

"What?" I asked shocked.

"It's your first conscious one." Alyssa tells me as we continue to stare at each other. "You had a vision."

"You know this how?" I ask her raising my eyebrows to show how ridiculous she sounds right now.

"All vampires have...um how do I put this? I guess you could say vampires have special talents. They could be anything from healing powers to what you have visions."

"So vampires get like super powers?" Cody butts Alyssa laughs lightly shaking her head breaking our eye contact momentarily. She looks over at Cody with a bright smile and says, "I should have known you would of said something like that. But yes you are right. They kinda are, but, unfortunately, not all vampires receive a, how Cody puts it, super power."