*Chapter 18...Hurt

Athena's POV:

"How are they doing?" Mr. Lennon walked out of the room where the two kids lay.

He sighed heavily, "They don't look so good. They both are in a critical state. " He shook his head before continuing, "I can't tell you if they will pull through or not. But I can tell you that you raised their chances of surviving."

"Can I talk to them?" I anxiously asked.

He paused to look at me in my eyes and looked over at Jason before he finally told me the news I have been waiting to hear, "Yes, you guys can go in but I doubt they will be speaking to you so don't push it."

"Yes, of course." I promised nodding my head just a little bit happier.

"Don't you dare make me regret it." He sternly pointed an accusing finger at us.

"We won't." Jason and I sung in unison.

"Good, go on in then." With that he turned to collect his things before heading out.

After saying goodbye, Jason opened the door allowing me to step through before he carefully followed behind me. Both of us were cautious and quiet not wanting to disturb the two kids. The room was large and spacious with two twin beds sitting in the middle carefully cradling each pup.

The room was decorated in neutral tones, simply decorated with minimal pictures on the walls. When you walk in the beds are the first thing you see. On the right stood two walk in closets with a mirror on the door of each. On the left was a large window with curtains tightly drawn dousing the room in a dim light.

Over head hung a beautiful but sophisticated chandelier set on dim. On the outside of each bed stood a small nightstand with a lamp on each. In the middle sat a slightly larger nightstand for both people to share.

Beside me standing tall and proud was a dark brown dresser. There was an identical one to it on the other side of the door. Jason and I made our way carefully to the middle of the room. We stood looking over them as they lay sound asleep.

I sighed and just wanted to cry because of these two kids that I barely know. Hell, I don't even know their names. Jason started to rub my back to calm me down.

"Are you getting a weird sense of déjà vu?" I asked him curiously.

"Yeah. I don't like it." He responded pretending to shiver.

"This brings back so many memories."

"What do you mean you were the one on the bed?" He stopped rubbing my back to look at me and focus on my answer.

I sighed before responding, "I mean before that." I look up at him to see his face turn to stone. The walls rising just like mine and that was the end of that conversation.

"I'll come back later to check on them." I said before turning and walking out of the room.

Memories start flooding in drowning my mind in the past. Images start to pass in front of my mind from that time. The time of horror and uncertainty.

The film in my head began playing. Clips here and there. Nothing connecting. No sound. It was like barely paying attention to the TV placed on mute. And only being able to understand bits and pieces because there was no sound and no connection to the images you briefly saw flash on the screen.

Soon sound could be heard. I heard his voice. Her voice. They're loving caring voices. Then the pictures started to weave together to create the horror movie. The darkness slowly ate me consuming everything. HIS VOICE! HIS....voice....His voice....his.....