Chapter 45....Forever and Always

Athena's POV:

I walked solemnly in the procession with Olly holding tight to my left hand as Dylan held my right. In his arms was a confused but sad Lux.

"Ducky, I wanna go home." I hear Lux whisper to Dylan.

In this dreary procession, I couldn't help but let a small smile slip onto my face at Lux's name for Dylan. We don't know why she calls him that but it's adorable nonetheless.

"I know, but we need to be here." He gently tells her.

I knew we shouldn't of brought them. They've seen enough death and destruction to last a lifetime. They don't need this on top of it all.

"I'm tired and sad." Lux whispers snuggling closer to Dylan.

He sighs and says, "I know. Me too, baby girl."

I sigh as well and focus my gaze on my feet and the ground.

Why? I did everything right! No! I was there; I helped Dr. Lennon figure out what's wrong.

I have always disliked...okay well hated Cameron. But never in a million years would I ever wish this upon him.

The loss of your mate could kill you; but the loss of your Luna as well as her being your mate, that right there is excruciating.

Everyone in the pact feels the connection and power of their Luna and Alpha. When one dies, everyone feels pain and emptiness. Lux felt the connection with Sarah; when the connection got ripped away, Lux immediately felt sadness and pain course through her.

"Bambi?" I hear Olly say quietly while gently tugging on my arm. Just from hearing his nickname for me makes a lone tear slide down my cheek.

A few days ago Lux and Olly wanted to watch Bambi, so Dylan and I watched it with them. Turns out I couldn't handle it because by the end of it I was a sobbing mess. Since then Olly and sometimes Dylan, but mainly Olly, calls me Bambi.

I focus my attention on Olly and give him a weak smile, "Yeah?"

"We should stand with Birdie and Tay." He said before gently pulling me towards Jay, also known as Birdie to Olly and Lux, and Taylor, also known as Tay or Butterfly to Lux.

We stood next to them quietly as we watched as our Luna was laid gently down for the last time below the surface. Soon it ended and everyone began to slowly leave after paying their final respects.

"Come on, Princess, let's go home." Dylan gently tells me as he slings an arm over my shoulder and pulls me close.

I didn't trust my voice, instead I just nodded at let him guide me to the car. We decided to drive because we didn't know how well we would all hold up by the end of it. For that I am grateful.

Before I know it, I am sitting on my bed with my head in my hands bent over. Lux and Olly were taking a nap and Dylan was downstairs in the kitchen. I told him I needed to be alone for a little bit and I don't know how I feel about him actually following what I asked.

Part of me was happy that he just let me walk up with out a fight but another part just wanted him to sit here with me even if it meant he wasn't doing anything. Confusing I know but I seriously don't know what mood or emotion is running my body right now.

Why? Why did this happen? I was there before. I got her the help sooner than in the vision! I was so damn close!

After the final beep, Dr. Lennon told us that if we were just a minute or two faster of getting to her, she most likely would have made it. Which also meant we would have an heir.