*Chapter 26...Oh My

Athena's POV:

After the most amazing kiss, Dylan and I talked getting to know each other as we danced around the room. Today we stood together in the hallway outside the large room that held the cells.

"When can I go question him?" I questioned Alpha Bryson.

"You want to question him?"

"No!"

"Why not, Dylan?"

"Because, he hurt you." His words were filled with a protective care I wasn't used to hearing from anyone and I had no idea how to respond.

"He didn't." I resisted the urge of rolling my eyes at his actions when I know he's doing it because he cares about me.

"He might and I can't have that happen."

My features scrunched unsure of what he was trying to say. He gently cupped my face in his calloused hands and began smoothing out my features.

"You've been hurt enough. You have me now and I will protect you."

I smiled immediately ridding the flicker of nervousness from his enchanting eyes.

"Please." I whispered.

"I don't know."

"I kicked his ass three times already. I can do it again."

He sighed knowing I'm right. He turned around to look at his father.

"If you let her, she can go but with me. And only with me." He said with authority and protective certainty.

His father just smiled and nods. I rolled my eyes before smacking him in playful annoyance on his back. He spun around with a proud smirk on his devilish amazing face.

"Deal?" He whispered as he confidently ducked his head in the crook of my neck.

"Deal."

His lips connected with mine giving me a sweet loving kiss. We gently pulled away relaxing our heads together.

"Date tonight?"

"Yes."

"Dylan!" His father called out.

"Talk to you in a little." He shifted his head to give me a short kiss.

"Okay." I whispered as he pulled away.

I turned around walking towards the large window at the end of the hallway. Outside it was raining. The droplets of water raced down the window creating a blurry abstract view of the outdoors. I stood peering out at the crystalline beauty.

The rain continued to pour down as my mind continued to wonder farther and farther away from the situation at hand.

The memories that I try to fight to stay away everyday came flooding in. I don't stop them nor do I fight them. I'm tired of fighting them. I know that I will eventually have to tell Dylan. I mean it might be happening again. But unlike last time we are seeing what is truly occurring.

I need to face my past once and for all.

I look out at the distorted image and soon it focuses. The large play-structure built specifically for Jay and I appeared in the blurry haze. I sighed and let the memories consume my mind.

Flashback:

"I won! I won!" I cheered as I performed my victory dance on the top most platform of the play structure. Jay ran up and bent over out of breath.