*Chapter 9...No!!

Cameron's POV:

--During the game--

"Go Misty!" I yelled as I watch her receive a clean pass from Sarah Fletcher.

"Why is Athena sitting?" Sarah, my mate, asked returning from her trip to the concession stand.

"I don't know. She was already out when I got here. It looks like she got cleated on her ankle and it started to bleed. She'll be fine." My focus solely on the exquisite passing the team was performing.

"Hey, you did come." Jason lazily approached his eyes flickering between the game and me.

"Thought I should drop by." I replied turning my focus on my brother.

"I'm surprised."

"Why?"

"You rarely ever come anymore."

"I'm busy."

In response, he scoffed rolling his eyes in utter disrespect causing my temper to flare.

"I'm the Alpha. Your Alpha!" I preached my voice filling with anger at his blatant disrespect.

"Yes. We all know." He doesn't even tear his eyes away from the game raging before us. 

"Then I should get respect from you." My voice demanding waiting from him to bare his neck in submission.

"You should but you won't. Not yet."

"Why doesn't my alpha voice work on you or your sister."

"Don't you mean your sister?"

Shit!

I shook my head, "Yeah that's what I mean."

"You want to know why it doesn't work?"

"Yes." I said exasperated at the years long tug of war.

"Because we don't respect you."

"Clearly." I rolled my eyes.

Obviously they don't.

Maybe it's because you suck as a brother. Braxton, my wolf, informed me.

Shut up!

You know I'm right. With an air of attitude, he shifts his position towards the back of my mind staying put and no longer acknowledge my exasperated demands.

"You still don't understand?" Jason stated rather than asked.

I raised my eyebrows waiting for him to continue.

"We don't respect you at all. We don't respect you as a brother or a person. How are we supposed to respect you as our Alpha? Did you know what she calls you? She calls you Ass. Did you know that I don't give a rats ass about any other sport besides soccer? Did you know that Athena is having scouts look at her? Did you know that she has trouble getting friends outside of the team? Did you know that she feels left out because of her inability to shift? Did you know about her problems of shifting?" Jason paused eyeing me with an aged disdained filled gaze.

She can't fully shift?

A sharp intake of breath pulled my glazed surprised mind towards my seemingly older brother.

"You don't know? You don't know! How could you not know?! The whole entire fucking pack knows! And you, her own Alpha, her own brother! didn't know?!" Jason yelled drawing a few wary eyes.

I should have known! I should have seen the signs and had been there for her. How couldn't I have seen it?

Because you where 'busy'.