*Chapter 8...The Game part 2

Athena's POV:

"Hey, get off me!"

Next thing ringing in the air is the ball hitting the back of the net followed by Gale's whistle.

"Get off of me! Let go!" I realized it's Chloe yelling.

She was on her back with another player on top of her. The girl tugged Chloe's hair causing Chloe to scream in pain. She's one of the few humans on the team and she's going up against a wolf.

Time to kick some ass!

Grace and I quickly ran over easily pulling off the wolf.

"Let her go!" I said through gritted teeth.

The girl glared and walked away without so much as a word in either of our direction. I turned around to see Chloe rising and fixing her hair.

"You ok?" Grace asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just that girl was being annoying."

"What happened?" I asked confused.

"I was making my run when all of a sudden I get pulled to the ground by my hair. I start to get up but suddenly she's on top of me. She pulled my hair a couple of times and said some rude and mean things. Like how I'm apparently an ugly whore. Or how I'm suddenly a stupid sloppy seconds slut. She's just infuriating. You know?" Chloe rants.

She said what?!

I'm seething right now and probably appears as I'm about to explode. I might.

"Calm down, A. It's fine, you don't need to worry. I can handle myself." Chloe said holding my shoulders and looking me straight into my eyes.

I just rolled my eyes and said "Fine but if anything else happens I will not hesitant to kick her or anybody else's ass. Ok?"

"Ok, fine." Chloe said with a smile on her face.

TWEET! TWEET!

The play quickly resumed with our team up one and still dominating. The ball flew high up in the air while I adjusted myself below it. I easily brought it down and passed it off to Kelly Carson when suddenly a sharp pain shot up my left leg.

I limped a few steps peering down to assess the damage. My sock was shredded around the outside of my bleeding ankle. I sat down clamping my hand around my ankle trying to slow down or stop the bleeding.

"Are you ok?" Evan approached my hunched frame.

"Ya just fine and dandy just thought I could sit down and relax and work on my tan. You know?" Sarcasm dripping from my lips.

"Woah! You're bleeding. You're definitly not fine." He began panicking at the sight of my deep crimson blood flowed out of my shredded ankle.

Does he not understand sarcasm?

"No shit, Sherlock."

He stood up and waved his flag trying to gain Gale's attention. In a flash Grace and Gale were by my side while the rest of my team created a circle around the four of us not allowing anybody see us.

"What happened?" Grace asked her face scrunched in concern.

"Kristy cleated me." I replied notchalantly.

"That bitch." Grace huffed.

The whole team burst into laughter.

"Do you need medical attention?" Gale asked kneeling before my ankle in question.