Part 2: Chapter 4

"What?" I gripped the couch beneath me as my leg muscles clenched. 

"You don't have to see him, I would never make you do that." My uncle grabbed my hand moving closer to me on the couch. The stress started to rise within my body. 

"But we need him to give away his parental rights," he looked down and nodded. 

"You don't worry about that, I'll handle it."

"But it would be easier if I got him to sign." 

"Yes," the feeling of pity crossed his face before quickly masking it.  I bit my lip before getting up. 

"I'll think about it and let you know tomorrow," he stood up nodding his head. 

"Take your time, and only agree if you are comfortable." he walked me to the elevator.

 "Okay, goodnight." he sent a smile my way that didn't extend to his eyes. 

"Goodnight, sleep well," he responded as the elevator doors closed. 

***

I sat on the studio floor staring into the mirror wondering what the correct decision was. Do I go to see him? Could I even take that?

"No!"

What if I just break down in front of him?

"Give it back!"

"No, I want to see!"

But if I don't, he'll never sign away his rights. 

"Please, please don't look!" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up hearing the desperation in Taehyung's voice. I saw Taehyung and Daehyun standing up. Daehyun had his hand behind his back facing me whilst Taehyung begged him to give his phone back. I tilted my head curiously watching the duo fighting. 

"You've been staring at whoever your lock screen is for the past like ten minutes?" Taehyung froze before shaking his head. 

"No, I haven't." The blush that tinted his face amused me making me stand up and pull the phone out of Daehyun's palm. 

"hey!" he turned around. 

"Stealing is not nice Daehyun," I playfully I said jumping back from his reach. 

"This isn't fair! You always help Taehyung!" I moved my head from side to side. 

"It's more fun to mess with you than it is to mess with him." I looked down to shut the phone off and caught a glimpse of his home screen. It was an off guard picture of me laughing. I hid the smile trying to reveal itself and passed it to Taehyung. "Here,"

He reached out and took the phone never breaking eye contact with me. "thanks," 

"You're mean," Daehyun interrupted sighing and sitting back down on the floor. Taehyung followed. I sat down continuing to do whatever I had previously been doing on my computer. 

"Do you guys want to hear this love story?" Sumi suddenly spoke. I could feel her watching me as I typed on my computer. 

"Sure," someone in the room said. 

"Well it started out with this girl and boy. They were perfect for each other and totally in love with each other and it was completely obvious to everyone except them." she cleared her throat as everyone watched her silently. "Then one day a misunderstanding occurs and the boy gets mad at the girl for something that wasn't her fault." I looked up from my computer watching her tell a story that seemed all too familiar.