Part 2: Chapter 2

Before you start reading this chapter, I really want to emphasize the fact that this is fiction.
None of what you are reading is true, it is all a fiction of my imagination. The members of BTS are simply playing the roles of my book characters.
Thank you for your time and enjoy reading :) <3
————————————————————————------------------------------------------------------------------

The wind slapped hard against my cheeks leaving a pinker tint to them. The soft snowflakes fell gracefully to the floor leaving behind momentary beauty in its tracks. The bright lights coming from the stores contradicted the darkness the sky cast upon us.

Sungmin was still on his trip and the kids were feeling cooped up in the apartment so we came grocery shopping. We passed a cart of spicy fish cakes that reminded me of the past. There was a time when I couldn't afford to buy food for both Youngjin and I and obviously I wouldn't have made my little brother starve. So I did.

To be honest, I wouldn't call I starving really mostly because I was used to it. Body image really is a female dog. 'Your hips are too big', 'your stomach is not flat enough', 'your face is too wide' society is never satisfied. Never.

Jungkook popped in my head and even though I didn't know why he wasn't taking care of himself I had an idea. Earlier Jimin had told me that Jungkook was refusing to eat. They gave him a pep talk and told him he had to take care of himself but nothing seemed to be working.

I understand him and I can't say that I didn't. The obsession with how we look is something that I don't think we will ever stop. Whether we like our bodies or not isn't the issue, the issue is we are constantly thinking about whether we are good enough. Good enough for an impossible standard. Good enough...for something that we may never be good enough for. But... we are good enough and no one can say otherwise.

***
"Goodnight" I kissed their foreheads and closed the door of the kids' bedroom. Walking towards the door I grabbed the paper bag standing on the counter and walked out into the hallway. It was eerily quiet or maybe I just felt that way because it was the nighttime and everything is scarier when it's dark. I walked over the other door and placed the bag on the doorstep before walking back into the apartment. I climbed onto my bed and knocked on the wall.

"Jungkook?" I listened to the wall as a movement was heard. "Jungkook?" I could hear a little confused  'hm?' come from the other side making me laugh.

"Who-where is that coming from?!" I could hear him ask himself. The last time I went over he let on that he and I shared a wall that connected my bedroom with his closet.

"I'm the ghost in your closet." It was silent for a second or two which made me think he actually considered the fact that a ghost was talking to him.

"Seolhyun?" He finally asked coming closer to the wall.

"The one and only,"

"What happened? You scared me, I really thought I was going crazy for a second."

"Haha sorry, I left a bag of things for you outside in the hallway."

"Ok I'll go get them." He undoubtedly sounded confused but went anyway. "What are these?" I could hear him whisper before silences. While I was out I bought a few supplements I used to take when I was on a diet or couldn't eat. They weren't equal to food but they could at least give enough nutrients where he wouldn't faint and feel so light-headed. "Thank you,"