Chapter 24:

WARNING! SLIGHT CURSING AND VIOLENCE AHEAD. PROCEED WITH CAUTION. 

Sunday Morning: 

I woke up as the sun started to rise. The air was cold but the warmth under the covers made me feel cozy. I turned my head towards the left to see Dohee and Youngjin sleeping soundly. My mind had gone to Father once again. I was finally at the point where I didn't need to stay anymore and I was going to leave, but I had to do it the right way. I needed to find Father. I got up opening my duffle bag and slipping into a pair of dark blue jeans. I took off my pajama top feeling the cold air hit my stomach. I quickly put on a random black sweater. I walked over to the connecting room and lightly knocked on the door. I could hear the heater radiating heat from the other room.  After a few seconds passed the door opened and out came Bboy. 

"Seolhyun?" His eyes were half closed. He rubbed them trying to wake himself up. "Why are you awake so early?" he asked, still asleep. 

"I have to go see Boss, stay here with Youngjin and Dohee." 

"Wait, why?" the wood under my feet creaked as I shifted my weight from one leg to the other. 

"I need to ask him something." He stood quietly for a few seconds thinking. 

"Marcus is out getting breakfast. I'll stay here with them but have Marcus go with you." I nodded my head. 

"Thank you." he nodded his head as I walked over to the door and slipped into a pair of black Nike sneakers.  

I walked down the creme colored hallways meeting a surprised Marcus on the way. He looked up from his phone moving his hair to the side. 

"Where are you going?" 

"I need to talk to Boss about something. Do you mind coming with me? "

"Uh no. Let me just drop the food off for the kids. Stay here." I nodded my head stuffing my hands into the pockets of my long black jacket. He quickly walked to our door dropping off the food before coming back to me. "let's go." I silently followed him as we walked to the car. 

##########

The small snowflakes slapped harshly slapped my face as I stepped out of the car. 

"Marcus wait here, I'll be quick." He nodded his head as I ran inside the restaurant. The bells chimed as I opened the door wiping my feet on the map. I took off my jacket hood still leaving on my hat and mouth mask. There was an eerie feeling about how empty the restaurant was. There was no one eating and the kitchen workers seemed to be gone. I looked at the door and saw the sign said open so where was everyone. I ran down the stairs to Boss's office calling out his name. 

"Boss! Are you here?" I opened the stair door to find two men. Boss was on the floor at gunpoint by one of them. The door creaked I made eye contact with them. 

"Run." Was all I heard before my legs took to speed. I stumbled past the first few steps. 

"Get the girl you idiot," One of the guys said, his voice sounded so young. I tripped as I felt a hand on my ankle dragging me back down. I hit my lip on the stair jamming my teeth down unto it. He pulled me down the stairs turning me around to face the ceiling. The boy who had died light brown hair was on top of me. I screamed hoping Marcus would be able to hear. His hand raised to slap me but my instincts kicked in. I raised my leg kicking him off me and throwing him back into the room. I got up running up the stair but the same hand grabbed me again. I kicked his hand off, punching him in the face and throwing him down the stairs. 

I raced up the stairs about to open the door when another voice called out. 

"Get the fuck back here unless you want your Boss to die" I had my hand an inch away from the doorknob. I started to feel dizzy, and I prayed it wasn't going to happen then. I slowly inched my head around to look back down the stair where the man stayed waiting for me with his gun. Damn, I hate guns, it isn't a fair fight. My hand retrieved back to my body as I carefully nodded my head. 

"fine." I started to carefully make my way down as the floorboards creaked from under my feet. 

"Run, Get away from here!" Boss said 

"SHUTUP" with the butt of his gun the man hit Boss in the head. I could see the bright red blood trickle down his face meeting his eyelashes. 

"Stop. I'm coming." I walked down the stairs as the man I know realized to be a teenage boy death glared. As I neared his eyes seemed more scared than angry. What was this kid doing? The blood coming from my lip wet my mouth mask as I came to the last step. 

"Good now walk over there and don't try anything or I will shoot you." He pointed his gun to the back of the room while having his arm around Boss's neck. I stood there watching him as his friend followed me wiping off the blood from his nose. He stumbled next to me and at that moment it seemed like he wanted to slowly break every bone in my body and that was obvious. 

Silence took over the room as I tried to think of a way out. Yes, I am a good fighter and I could take these two out without even thinking...if they didn't have guns that could blow my brains out before I could take a step towards them. I made eye contact with and he looks down at my chest. I was confused, I followed his eyes down to see the locket Marcus gave me hanging low. He slightly nodded his head telling me he was going to be the distraction. Boss and the boy walk towards us the boy's gun now lowered. In a second action took over and these were the times that I was thankful  I took lessons growing up. 

God help us.