Chapter 62:

Things are getting...

*

"Guys, okay. How about we take a break?" It was the next morning and it was obvious that everyone in the room was on edge. I was teaching them one of my choreographies. The moves weren't very advanced and they were moves, that the class could have nailed in a few minutes but it was taking them hours to learn and they still had many little mistakes. I'm not saying making mistakes is bad but for such an advanced class and such an easy choreography; that was definitely a problem.

I looked at Hoseok, Jimin, and Jungkook who were all gulping down water without making eye contact towards each other. I understood most of the rest of the members making little mistakes because although they are amazing performers, solo dancing is a whole other thing. Plus there is also their conscious telling them they can't do it because they 'aren't dancers'. But these three? They were on a whole other level, I mean they are the dance line.

Hoseok was usually so fluid with his dance moves, he made it seem as though he had no bones. Jimin, his dancing was usually so soft and graceful. His transitions were so smooth; exactly like the ballet dancer that he is. And Jungkook, oh Jungkook's moves were so powerful it was as if he was God himself. Every move so sharp and precise. His attitude showing so much confidence in every move he makes.
But today...today they were the exact opposite. Hoseok was as stiff as a rock and I mean a very stiff rock. Jimin kept missing the beats getting confused with every direction I called out. He danced as if he has two left feet and was told to recite the French alphabet. And Jungkook was the same. His moves were weak, arms softer than cooked spaghetti. And that attitude that made him who he was, was gone. He looked like a lost child that's been trapped in a maze for 24 hours. And not a fun maze.

Daehyun also seemed out of it. He kept dozing off as if he was deeply thinking about something. As if he was trying to find the cure to cancer. He was late obviously being offbeat and just couldn't snap out of it. Sumi seemed scared today. She kept looking around almost like she was examining everyone human in the room. Checking out every nook and cranny. She was also more on edge than ever, yet tried her best to portray the innocent role she only really had Taehyung believe in. Her friends all seemed to be spread out now. They weren't in the group huddled together like they used to be. It was like they were divided like two Twix.

Then there was Taehyung. He was the one that surprised me. The others slacked off however he didn't. He, too, seemed out of it yet it didn't make his dancing worse. It made it better. He seemed as if all the anger, worry, and confusion he had in him he channeled into his dancing. His moves looked so sharp yet smooth. His eyes dark with focus yet sparkling with fury. He was the exact opposite as everyone else in the room.

"What's going on with everyone?" I finally asked. They all looked up from their water bottles like deer in headlights. Like a child being caught eating cookies before dinner. You get the point. Jungkook looked down at his feet moving it on his heel. As you can guess no one answered. I'd don't really expect them to. "Okay how about we do this? I have a few other choreographers coming in to help teach you about group choreographies." I internally laughed when I saw Jungkook nodding as I spoke. The kid has been in a group for years and was still paying attention as if he's never danced before. It was one of the things that I truly loved about him. He was always willing to learn more.

"So what are we going to do?" Asked Hoseok.

"Team-building  exercises." I started to pace slowly around the room. "In order to be in sync and create a good choreography you need to be able to trust and rely on your group members."