Chapter 29:

Monday Night: 

"Thank you Seolhyun" A small smile was spread on Boss's face. We were once again in the basement of the restaurant, but this time it wasn't the same. "If it wasn't for you, I don't know what could have happened to my baby girl" He looked down at Dohee who was happily sitting on his lap playing with her doll. "...or to me." He looked up at me with a genuine smile filled with thanks. "I don't know if I would still be alive today if you and Marcus didn't help me that day. For that and for Dohee, I owe you my life. Anything you ever need, please come to me."

"It's really nothing at all. It was fun to stay with Dohee" I smiled at her waving a bit to keep her entertained. I was being told that I was being let go from the leash I was on, yet no one was happy. It was as if, all of us were in some way sad about this happening. After today life wasn't going to be like it was the past few days. It's going to go back to the 'normal'. 

"Still, thank you. Marcus will drive you home." I nodded my head turning around and walking up the stairs. I took a last glance around the room before heading up. This was probably going to be the last day I ever went down there again. The walls were bare seeing the paintings on the walls go missing. The bookcase was empty leaving only the worn out wood placed in the wall. Boss's desk was covered with clear plastic. It was obvious what was happening. The office had been compromised and they needed to move. Where? I don't know. Probably not far, I still had to pay off the debt. I got into the back seat while Marcus got in the passenger. 

"Noona, are we going back to hotel?" Youngjin asked as he moved closer to me on the seat. I picked him up and put him on my lap. 

"No baby, we are going back to the house." I kissed his cheek and looked out the window. 'house', not 'home'. After driving for a while in silence, we were finally at the house. Marcus opened the door for Youngjin and me while Bboy took out our duffle bag from the bag of the car. The night was dark and cold. The wind was strong almost pushing me back. Bboy walked to the side of the car where the rest of us were. 

"Here" He handed the duffle bags. I took them and flung one across my body while holding the smaller one 

"Thanks, Bboy." 

"Bongyoung" I looked at him with a questioning face before giving a small smile.

"Thanks, Bongyoung" I looked at Marcus and nodded my head. "Well bye, guys." I picked up Youngjin and opened the gate walking through the side of the house and climbing in through my bedroom window. Marcus and Bboy stayed outside waiting in the car for a while just to make sure I was okay before driving away. I got to admit. I was going to miss them, just a bit. It became routine to wake up and have them drive me to school and then pick me up. It started feeling like they were my protective older brothers/ my actual bodyguards. That night was quiet and for the first time in a while, I actually slept well. That was definitely a bad thing.

*****

Tuesday Morning: 

I stretched my arms in the air looking up at the white ceiling. My arms dropped down again as I turned my head to my phone beside me. 

"7:30" I lay my head back on the pillow before jolting up. "7:30! No we are going to be late." I quickly jumped out of the bed, putting on my uniform skirt in a hurry. I tripped from side to side as my leg got stuck on my shorts. "Youngjin baby, wake up. We are going to be late." I quickly buttoned up uniform and tying my necktie. Youngjin got up walking over to me lazily. "Youngjin put on your pants." He put on his pants, and I helped him put on his shirt. Youngjin was still in day school so he didn't have a uniform. I quickly put on our coats and grabbed out bags and dashed out the door.  My bookbag was on my back, and Youngjin had his tiny one on his back. We were walking but we were going to be late. "7:35. Okay, Youngjin I'll pick you up and we'll run. Yes?" He nodded his head and I picked him up. He put his head on my shoulder and I started to run as fast as my legs could take me. We made it to the bus station and waited for a minute before deciding to take a cab. I waved my hand in the street. 

*****

"Thank you. Keep the change." I dropped Youngjin off already and now I was at mine. I ran out of the cab almost falling. I ran past the gates taking out my phone. "7:59. One minute." I started taking off my coat while running to class. I got there and stood outside the class. "8:01, damn it." I saw Ms. Park standing at the head of the class taking attendance. I looked inside the class and saw Taehyung look back at me. He shook his head and told me to wait. 

"Ms. Park?" she lifted her head and I hid behind the wall. "Can you help me with a question before class starts?" 

"Sure just after I finish the attendance"

"Please! It will only take a minute!" She sighed.

"Fine Taehyung. What is your question?" He stood up and went to the head of the class where the chalkboard was and started writing on it. Ms. Park was on right looking at what he was writing.  He wrote two English words 'Love' and 'Live'. 

"I don't get why they are different. The only thing different is one has an 'I' and the other has an 'O'." 

"Taehyung they are two different words" She started to explain what they meant in Korean, while Taehyung pretended to care. He waved his hand telling me to enter. I slowly opened the door trying to make no noise. I successfully closed the door. Taehyung was watching me while Ms. Park was talking. "Taehyung..." he continued to watch me. "Taehyung what are you looking at?" she started to turn and I dropped to the floor hiding behind the students who sat a few seats behind us. 

"Sorry, Ms. Park I got distracted thinking about what you were saying. But what I don't get is why that one letter changes the entire meaning of the word." Ms. Park looked at him as if he were dumb and started to further explain. I started to walk to my seat again while in a bent position. I placed my jacket on the chair and sat down. I quickly took out my books from my bookbag and nodded my head to Taehyung. "Oh, I get it now! Thanks, Ms.Park! You are the best!" He bowed and started to walk back to his seat.

"You are a weird kid." She mumbled before resuming her name calling. "Kim Taehyung." 

"Here!" he answered. 

"Right... Kim Seolhyun?" 

"Here!" I responded. She looked up and nodded her head. 

"Kim Namjoon?" 

"here" Taehyung and I lowly laughed feeling accomplished. I made a fist and held my hand beside him to which he responded with a fist bump.  It was the first time in a while that I felt like I had a friend, maybe Taehyung wasn't all that bad. I said maybe, don't get your hopes up.