Chapter 64:

That same night at my apartment: 

"Goodnight, we love you." I had just tucked in Youngjin and Eun-Jung (Sungmin's little sister). They slept in the same room together since they were both still not used to the move. I shut off the lights clicking on the lampshade at the far end of the room. I quietly closed the door to not wake the sleeping bodies inside. Sungmin had been in his room unpacking the last few boxes of clothes he had. I walked to the kitchen grabbing two water bottles and walked to his room. Our rooms shared a small hallway which was dark at the time. I slowly walked to his room to see the door cracked just the slightest bit letting out an orangish light from inside. Small sniffles could be heard from inside the, mostly, quiet room. I pushed it open to see Sungmin on the bed, holding a picture in his hand with tears streaming from his eyes. When he heard me walk in he looked up with such despair and sadness in his eyes that I broke down inside. 

"Sungmin," I threw the bottles on his bed as I quickly took a seat on the bed beside him to hug him. I looked to the picture of his two parents standing there with Sungmin and Eun-Jung. All of their faces wore big smiles. They were honestly such a beautiful family. 

"I miss them..." he said as more tears fell down and a whimper left his mouth. 

"I know, I know you do." he lightly dropped his hand holding the picture as I wiped the tears off of his cheeks. We continued the night just sitting there in silence in each other's embrace. That was the thing with us, we both knew what the other needed. We knew when we needed to talk and when we just needed to cry and for the other to hug them. Our age didn't matter. It didn't matter that Sungmin was already 19 and I was 17. He didn't let the fact that he was older stop himself from showing any weakness. We didn't let the age gap create a barrier between us like the age gap was made to. 

"Please don't leave." I nodded my head. 

"I'm not going anywhere." I know you guys want me to date Sungmin but I can't. He means too much to me to even think about dating him. If you asked me when we first met I would have said 'Maybe' but now it's a straight-up 'no'.  We have grown too close and too important to each other to dial each other down to just a significant other. He's more than a friend or a brother. He's everything that I need him to be when I need him to be it. My brother, best friend, other half. It's just always how our relationship was.  

"I love you, goodnight." We ended up laying on the bed and Sungmin knocked out with a few last tears streaming down his cheeks. I continued to play with Sungmin's hair before falling asleep myself. 

***

I woke up to a dying need of something, I needed to pee. I carefully took my arm from under Sungmin's head and walked to the bathroom. It was 6 in the morning and I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. 

B-boy, are you awake?

Sent: 6:02 am 

Received: 6:02 am

Read: 6:07 am

Yeah, I just finished taking my shower, why?

Sent: 6:07 am

Received: 6:07 am

Read: 6:07 am