Chapter 38:

Friday Morning:

The irksome sound of the alarm hit my ear. I swung my arm at the bedside table trying to shut it off before it woke up Youngjin. That was always a hassle. I had to wake up earlier than him to finish any last minute homework or put on some makeup because god knows I look just awful without eyebrows. I lazily stood up taking a makeup wipe and cleaning my face. I had this weird pit in my stomach. It felt as if my stomach was slowly eating itself but also turning in ways I never knew it could. It made me want to throw up. 

"Damn," I whispered as I held my stomach. I was not in the mood to be getting sick, but when am I ever in the mood for that? I quickly took out the black eyebrow pen from my bag, filling it in. Even though I had this weird gut feeling that something wasn't right, I felt a bit happy today. I was starting to open up to people at school which was never really easy for me. "Hell, let's put on some lip tint." and I did just that. I took a peach lip tint from my bag and lightly applied it making it seem as if nothing was even there but still dark enough to be able to see a bit of color. 

I put on my uniform sitting on the bed waking up Youngjin when it was time. 

*****

"Bye. Love you!"

"Love you too!" He yelled back as he happily ran into the school. I would say he was the only one happy to go to school, but then I would be lying.  I walked down the street to catch the bus again to my school. When I got on I saw a few other kids with the same uniform as me. I accidentally made eye contact with a boy who was standing beside me,  to which we both smiled and looked away again. I finally got off the bus walking inside the gates and into the doors. 

"Hey Seolhyun," I looked to my right to see three familiar boys.

"Hi Jimin, where are the others?"

"They are waiting in the classroom," added Hoseok.  I nodded my head. 

"How was practice last night?" I asked. 

"Tiring," responded Yoongi. 

"but at least we are getting the moves better for the concert." the four of us moved through the crowded hallways ignoring the girl who pretended to faint on the side. 

"Wait, how did you know we had practice yesterday?" asked Hoseok as we entered the classroom. They walked me to my seat.

"because," Taehyung and I made eye contact and greeted each other with a simple nod. I continued talking as I leaned my palm on my chair, now having the four boys face me. "one, you guys have been practicing every day for the past week. Two, you look exhausted. Beautiful!" I said trying not to offend them. "But exhausted." 

"Speaking of being tired" Jimin sang as he leaned into the table. 

"And three, Jimis is about to ask me for the homework." I looked at him as he innocently smiled revealing his teeth and making his eyes disappear into two crescent moons. 

"Seolhyun, have we mentioned how amazing you are lately?" said Jimin as he held my arm. 

"Mmm, I don't think you've ever said anything of that sort." I played along.