Chpt. 4 Doomed?!

*Chloe's POV*

Only I know how hard I was trying not to trip and land face flat due to the amount of shaking my body suddenly decided to do. Claire's friend i.e. Gloria leaded me to the gym. There was this huge lump in my throat. And I swear I was wishing I would choke to death right now. But if things happened the way I wished... Well I wouldn't be a pity-case right?
Head hung low, I curled my fingers into fists as we entered the Gym.

"Ah. Ms. Chance. I have been expecting you", the usually warm but cold at the moment voice of Ms. Paltrow ringed in my ears.
I looked up at her while all the other girls gathered around us. Even the guys playing basketball in the adjacent court were looking at us.

"I guess you have some explanation to do? ", she asked me as she held the torn clothes of Claire in front of me while I received a death glare from Claire herself.

" Of course she did it Ms. Paltrow. That Keychain says it all ",Claire gritted through her teeth.
Keychain? What Keychain?
As if Ms. Paltrow heard me, she held up a Keychain.... My Keychain.
The silver words 'Daddy's princess' engraved on it shined in the light as Ms. Paltrow looked at me for an answer.

" Well Ms. Paltrow.. Actually.. Ummm..see..basically... ", I stuttered.

" SPEAK UP FASTER YOU LOWLIFE", Claire yelled but earned a glare from Ms. Paltrow.

"Well..-

"She didn't do anything. It was me."
HOLY COW MICHELLE WHAT THE HELL.

"NO SHE DIDN'T. I DID IT", I yelled.

"I was involved with Michelle too Ms. Paltrow. Chloe didn't do anything", Abby's fragile voice spoke up.
Oh God these stupid... Stupid girls.

"NO THEY'RE LYING. SEE I CUT CLAIRE'S DRESS BECAUSE-

"She's taking the fall for us", Michelle spoke calmly.

"NO I'M NOT. I CUT IT. I WANTED MY FRIENDS TO BE THE BEST PLAYERS IN TODAY'S GAME. SO I MADE SURE CLAIRE DIDN'T PLAY", I blurted out.
Good going Chloe.

"No she-

"OH cut it you three", Ms. Paltrow snapped. "Claire you have an extra pair of clothes, go wear them. Ms. Mayhill and Ms. Santiago, back to the game. And Ms. Chance.. You know I'm gonna report this to Principal Masterson right?", Ms. Paltrow made eye contact with me.

"Yes ma'am", I whispered as I walked out of the gym.
Well half the class was over and it doesn't look like Mr. Harlin was teaching something new so I might as well go sit in the Cafeteria.

I sat down at our table, pulled out my Bio textbook and munched on the wafers I bought. Just then, that beautiful scent hit me and-

"Hey Chloe." He smiled that beautiful smile of his that takes me to another planet.

"Hi.. Hi Nick".
OK Chloe. Don't be nervous. C'mon. We practice talking to Nick every night in front of the mirror right? We can do this.

"Whatcha doin here? ", he asked as he pulled a chair and sat down in front of me.

" Um .. Actually..Ms. Paltrow called me and after we were done, half the class was over so I thought I'd sit here and study instead.", I smiled.

"So what,she is talking you into taking gym class huh? I mean that's one class you aren't a champion in because you chose Art instead."

"Oh no. Actually, I got caught."

"Caught?"

"Well its a long story. Nevermind", I sighed.

"Ohk."

"Where..where were you? I mean I didn't see you in Art class"

"OH, coach called me. There's this Football League.. like interschool level. We are had a meeting about it this morning. Well umm I gotta run. See ya"
And he got up and left. And right on cue, the bell rang. That's why he left. Class is over and Claire will come back and stick to him again. And he doesn't wanna make Claire mad at me. Isn't he an angel? *batters eyes*

Right now I'm in the car with Michelle and Abby.. No wait.. Super angry Michelle and Abby.

"I just don't get it. Why'd you take the fall for us? ", Michelle demanded.

"Yes Chloe. You didn't do anything", Abby agreed.

"Guys. That's what best friends do okay? And besides they found my Keychain. You guys shouldn't have said anything", I simply replied as I strapped myself in.

"What do you mean we shouldn't have said anything? "

" Abby is right. WE did it", Michelle said as she crossed her arms.

"OH c'mon. Drive. We need to get home early. We have an assignment to complete.", I said.
Michelle just looked at me.

"OH c'mon!"

She huffed as she started the ignition and drove us away from high school.

Wasn't that a fantastic first day huh?

.-.

#Sarcasm

***
A. N. - OMB another chappie? Lol.. Well I'm glad a lot of you are reading this story and I hope I'm not failing y'all. Besides, it's sad Chloe's Keychain fell off and blew their cover. Also there was the first Nick and Chloe interaction here. But but but... Do you really think Claire is gonna shut up after they ruined her clothes? She doesn't go down that easy. Hehe.
Vote, share and comment. Stay tune to find out what happens. ;)

xx Love y'all xx