Chpt. 42 None Of It.

*Chloe's POV*

Not after 5 minutes of Justin leaving, he came back inside.
"Um do you like pancakes? ", he shoved his hands into his sweatpants pockets.
"You're making them?"
"Tomorrow's breakfast", he nodded.
"I'd love them", I smiled genuinely.

Right then, my phone rang. I glanced at the screen and my heart skipped a beat. I answered the call, music blaring through the phone.
"Nick?"
Justin gave me a curious look as he checked the time. It was half past midnight.
"Babbbyyy?", Nick's voice slurred.
"Nick are you drunk?", I gasped.
I knew he did drink but I never saw him like that. Or even heard him like that as a matter of fact.
"Babbbyyy I misssss you"
My heart was threatening to fall out. He missed me?
"I-I well I mi-
My throat constricted at that as realization hit me like big fat truck. He wanted to call Claire not me. She was the one he was supposed to be calling.
And the look Justin was giving me, was not helping at all.
"Babbbyyy take me back pwease"
Yup. They definitely had a fight.
"Nick. I'll call Claire and tell her to get you home okay? Where are you?", I bit my lip.
"At Samuel's party with you. B-but first temme you love me babe"
I gulped real hard. I do. Only if you knew.
"I'm hanging up now okay? She'll get you soon"
"Bye bye"
I hung up and Justin opened his mouth to speak but I held up a finger to shush him up as I dialed Claire's number.
"Hello? "
I had to pull my phone away from my ear due to the music blaring in the background. How the hell did Samuel's neighbours not call the cops yet?
"Claire?!"
"Who's this? "
"Claire it's Chloe here. Nick is at Samuel's party and he wants you to pick him up. He couldn't reach you"
I lied the last bit and Claire muttered curses as she hung up.
"Care to explain?", Justin tapped his foot. "Why the hell did that shitface call you this time of the night? "
"It's 9.30 back in LA"
"So? It's late here"
"Justin. He was drunk"
"That doesn't give him any right to call you this late. Hell he shouldn't call you at all", he ran his fingers through his hair.
"Why are you bothered?"
"Why am I bothered?! Chloe you know I hate that jerk", he snapped.
"Jerk? Well didn't you spend the entire week hanging out with him?! ", I snapped back.
"That's- That's different"
"OH yeah how?! "
"Fuck this Chloe. What do you wanna pry into other's business?!"
"You're the one who's being nosy okay. Why can't you get over the fact that he's my friend and I will not tolerate you bad mouthing him! "
"Friend? Ha. What a friend. I remember all the times he stood up for you! ", he replied sarcastically.
"That's none of your business. I don't expect him to stand up for me ! "
Who am I kidding? Of course I did. I wanted him to do exactly that.
"Why is he so important huh Chloe? Why do you always take his side? For once, just once why don't you take my side?"
Justin spoke in a deadly cold voice, his eyes never leaving mine. I didn't even realize when we were practically up against each other while throwing fits.
"He's my friend Justin. I know him for a long time now", I seethed.
"Too bad you're blind as fuck"
"What's your fucking problem?! "
"He fucking treats you like shit and you don't even fucking notice that. He doesn't as much as glance at you!"
"You don't know us! He does have feelings for me. That's exactly why he was my first damn kiss!", I yelled.
Justin didn't reply immediately like he was doing before. We were breathing heavily and he clenched his jaw. The sudden silence was so thick, you could cut ice cubes out of it.
"He kissed you? ", Justin asked, voice colder than before and it sent shivers down my spine.
"Y-yeah so what?", I mumbled.
He grabbed my wrist in his hand and pulled me towards him. I placed my palms on his chest to stop myself from crashing into him.
"So what?! What did it feel like Chloe? "
The familiar warmth in his eyes was gone and it was replaced my the same darkness that I saw the other day in the car when we fought, over the same thing.
"Huh?"
"I said what did it feel like? Was it cold like this?!"
Before I could even blink, he pulled me in and crashed his lips onto mine. All the times I ever imagined what it'd feel like to have his lips on mine, we're laughing at me.
His lips were cold and hard against mine. It wasn't even a kiss. It was like pressing my lips on a damn mirror.
Cold, hard and emotionless.
He pulled off immediately and searched my face, eyes still black with anger.
"Was that what it fucking felt like Chloe? Or was it like this?"
Once again, he crashed his lips onto mine but this time, it felt like the 4th of July all around me. Butterflies in my stomach made it all the more perfect as his lips moved across mine. This time, I felt him for real. He was soft, warm and completely passionate. But just like the one before, he pulled away before I could even react.
And boy I wanted to react to him.
"It's a shame Chloe. I don't even know him as long as you do. But still, I can see right through him while you're here fantasizing over him", he spat and walked out slamming the door behind him.
And just like always, I stood right there, rooted to my place. My fingers instantly found my lips and I took in whatever just happened.
He kissed me. Okay it wasn't a real kiss but hey, our lips touched. But then again he was just being his stupid stubborn self and kissed me just to prove a damn point. Fact of the matter is he didn't even prove anything except how immature he is.
I got back into my bed and pulled over the covers. This senseless fight between him and Nick has got to stop. Or someone's gonna get hurt big time. And my conscience is screaming that it's gonna be me. Either this way or that.