Chpt. 57 Crappy Drawer.

"TREV ASKED ME TO PROM"

As soon as the words left her mouth, my jaw hit the floor. And so did Michelle's. Maybe we should walk up to Hot Wheels for a new race track design? Jaws hitting floor. Cool right?
"HE WHAT?"
Michelle broke the spell, shaking Abby in the process.
"He. Asked. Me. To. Prom.", she squealed right after that earning glances at her animal behaviour.
"But you what when I mean how the fuck?", Michelle inquired.
Me? I was dead speechless.
"Last night. He called", Abby grinned.
"And you tell us now?!", I found my voice, accusing her right there.
"You were sprawled dead super early last night", she crossed her arms, giving me a look.
True. As soon as we had dinner after coming back home, I dropped dead. I was fucking tired.
"I wasn't", Michelle scoffed.
"I wanted to tell you guys together", she grinned.
And nothing about that grin was incontiguous.

*
Who does that? Who fucking does that? Just walk up to a girl in French class before Ms. Francis comes in and ask her to Prom?
Or simply go around asking for an extra beaker and ask them to be their date for the Prom in a Chemistry lab? Or better yet, holler in the middle of the hallway and ask someone to Prom from miles away.
If this makes any sense to you, please feel free to contact this address - Chloe Anna Chance, Block 13, Distraught Lane, Failure Avenue, Pity Valley, CA- 51-don't bother.
This and other fantastic ways of asking people to Prom were all I got ever since Abbs broke to us the news that she's going with Trev. And if you do not notice the sarcasm dripping from that, you my friend, are naive. And you need Jesus. Big time.
I mean who in the world asks someone to Prom with a note in a Fortune Cookie? Lame right?
We walked over to our table in the cafeteria and sat down right when Chaz sat next to me.
"Isn't it just cherry in here? All this Prom shit is making me puke"
"Amen to that", I high-fived him.
"Oh don't be such a sour puss. Someone will ask you guys", Abby giggled.
"That's not it", me and Chaz spoke at the same time and looked at each other.
That was so the reason.
"You, I get it. You're girlfriend's from a different school", Abby pointed to Chaz.
But then she turned to me.
"But you. What's got your knickers in a twist?", she waved her fork in front of me.
"Justin hasn't asked her yet", Michelle replied calmly.
"She hasn't seen him since the morning", Abby stated.
Way to point out the obvious.
"Why are we talking about him?", I crossed my arms.
"Because he's hot", Michelle shrugged.
"Who's hot?", Ry slipped in next to Michelle eating the apple from his tray.
"JB", Chaz made a face.
"We taught him to be hot", Ry pointed out.
"Yeah sure", Shellz laughed.
"You don't believe me?", he asked her.
"Nope"
"Come to Prom with me. I'll show you"
Shellz was about to come up with a smartass comment but it hit her soon. He just asked her to Prom.
I'm gonna hurl.
"Are you asking me to be your date?", Shellz raised her eyebrow playfully.
"Maybe", he grinned.
"Maybe?"
"Okay no. I am. I sure as hell am asking you to come to Prom with me"
Someone get me a paper bag.

She nodded frantically and hugged him, a few cheers reverberated around the cafeteria. Okay I can Aww for a minute.
Awwwwwwwwwwwww.
Okay I'm done.
And apparently someone else was done too.
Chaz slammed his fists on the table making us jump slightly.
"I'm gonna sneak Katie in", he announced.
"That's my boy"
I looked up to see Justin slide next to him, patting him on the back.
And here goes my heartbeat. Will he ask? He should. What if he does? What do I say? How will he ask? What will everyone else say? I'm flatlining. Help. Flatlining here. HELP.
"How many girls asked you yet?", Ry nudged Justin.
"Okay wrong question. How many girls didn't ask you yet?", he chuckled and everyone joined him.
"It must make you feel all Alpha right? Dusting them off like that?", Chaz grinned.
"No man. It's kinda sad", Justin shrugged.
"But then there are super clingy ones straight out of the loony bin and all you wanna do is shove yourself into a locker to hide away", he stated and another roar of laughter rang through our table.
"Clingy ones are a turn off", he shook his head.
Was I clingy? Is that why he didn't ask me yet?
Do I want him to?