Chpt. 40 Pushing My Buttons.

*Chloe's POV*

"OH cut it Chazzie", I snickered.

"Shouldn't you guys be the one to shut up?", he asked, face flushing with nervousness.

"How could we possibly shut up when THIS happens? ", Abby joined me and that set all of us laughing and Chaz scowling.

" Why are you guys making such a fuss about it? It's just a dinner", Chaz defended.

"Just a dinner? Then why do you have your clothes planned out already? ", Ryan mocked and I high-fived him.

"Well beca-I DO NOT HAV-HOW'D YOU KNOW?"

That sent all of us laughing so hard and earning serious You-Need-A-Psychiatric looks.

"OH c'mon Chazzie. Don't hide it", Michelle grinned.

"Okay yeah maybe I'm excited. So what? ", Chaz huffed.

I clapped my hands in pure glee and Ryan shook his head.

" You're so turnt man"

"You're making it seem like he's dying", Michelle countered.

"Well ofcourse he is! HE'S IN LOVE! ", Ryan acted it out and that sent me and Abby laughing again but Michelle just hit him.

" So what's the big deal? "

" Big deal? Seriously lady? He's doomed"

"So being in love is being doomed? ", she frowned.

Uh-oh. This is going somewhere else.

" Hell yeah. It's like once you are in love, you're whipped", Ryan laughed but none of us found it funny.

"OH c'mon! Don't tell me I'm in the middle of a love-lovers gang here", Ryan looked at us bewildered and then faked a gasp when we just gave him a stare.

"OH God save me. Where is Justin when you need him?", he stood up and looked around but nope. No such luck.

"Okay so you're going on a dinner date this Friday. You need to practice", I ignored Ry and his fake gags as I pointed out to Chaz.

"Okay Chaz. Pretend that I am Katie and we are on a date. Woo me", Michelle spoke up.

I may have seen Ry stiffen but maybe that was due to the fact that we were actually going to do this fake date here.

"Here? In the school cafeteria? ", Chaz asked unsure.

"We are at the restaurant Chaz. Go on", Michelle beamed.

Halfway through Monday, we were seated at our table and were just trying to wrap our brains around the fact that Chaz and his rubber girl a.k.a Katie Sanders were going on a dinner date this Friday. Apparently, Chaz had mustered the courage to talk to her through social media and they even swapped numbers and now they just don't shut up with their texts. And me? I find it super cute.

*cues hopeless romantic theme songs and batters eyelashes*

The whole burn up disaster took place on Friday and trust me I was so happy when Mom and Dad said they'd get them all back in a few days time. They think it was an unfortunate accident and that I couldn't have prevented it. But I know better. I could have. If I would have seen right through Claire. She played me. I know she did. And no matter how much she denies it, I know she had everything to do with it. I haven't talked to her since that night but it's nothing new. We never talk unless we were the only two people on a stranded Island and I'd have to tell her to go take a swim because she'd be stinking.