Chapter - 27 Morning questions

She sat up again and looked at herself. She was wearing a white T-shirt which certainly wasn't hers. She picked up the blanket a little to see what she was wearing down there. No jeans no pyjamas. But at least her underwear was in place. She touched her breasts which were still covered by her bra. So except for the gown that she was wearing last night nothing else was removed from her body. Though she wasn't sure if that was a relief.

"But still where are my clothes?" she was confused.

"Ok now I am not going to get my answers while sitting here. I need to ask him."

The headache was now subdued by the thousand and one questions in her head. She slowly padded out of the room ever so careful not to make any noise. She quietly walked down the stairs and looked into the living room. But no one was there. Then she found her way to the kitchen and there he was, Liam Richardson wearing a white T-shirt similar to the one she was wearing at the moment. His hair look tousled as if he had just woken up from sleep.

He was wearing blue denim shorts.
'Gosh! his calves look so hot! No Eva! get your act together. You need the answers to some really important questions.'

She sucked in a lungful of air but before she could say something she heard that magnetic voice,"Good morning, Ms Rose."

'Did he realise I was watching him? If I lowered my guard down even a little then it will probably take a very wrong turn. Gotta be careful.'

Liam was preparing some sandwiches,  coffee and a hangover drink for his outspoken guest when he felt someone's presence behind him. He turned around and found Eva standing at the door. He had no idea that she would look this good or enchanting in nothing but his t-shirt. Her hair in a mess and falling down on her shoulders in a beautiful cascade, her beautiful face a little troubled, eyes filled with questions he knew he would have a fun time answering. She was biting her lower lip which was showing her nervousness. His shirt was reaching her mid thigh. He  looked at her from top to bottom unable to pull his eyes off.

When he finally gained some control over his senses he put his coffee and hangover drink for her on the kitchen table while still watching her eyes flicker.  He took a seat and gestured her to take one opposite to him.

As she took the seat he pushed the hangover drink towards. Taking a sip of his coffee he looked at her and asked,"How are you feeling, Miss Rose?"

'I am not sure if that's what you should be asking. I am anything but fine. Still there are some questions that I need to ask or else I won't be able to sleep... at my home of course in my bed. Eva be brave!'

She was glad for the distance the kitchen table created between them. She looked at the hangover drink he had prepared for her.
'Wow! I can't believe he made this for me. How can someone looks so handsome even while doing simple kitchen chores?' she thought to herself. 'No Eva! don't get distracted by his good looks. This man as well as might be a- No! He can't do that...'

"Miss Rose?"  Liam's voice brought her out of her reveries. She took a deep breath and looked up from the drink in her hands and her eyes met Liam's.

He was watching her all the while, she realised. She squared her shoulders and cleared her throat preparing to ask the questions which were causing a havoc in her head. She placed her hands around the hot hangover drink as if trying to draw some strength from its heat.

"I- I need to ask something, Mr Richardson."

"Go ahead." he said easily while sipping slowly on his coffee.

"Why am I here? And why was I in a room that looked like... yours?"

"Maybe because you slept there." he said nonchalantly as if it was no big deal.

"I am not in a mood to play around! You should have dropped me at my home." She complained.

" I would have done that if only you had told me your address but you were so drunk that you didn't even remember your floor or room number."

"But you had visited my apartment once with Mr Alex! So you should have known my address."

" I wasn't in best of my spirits that day to remember something that trivial, Ms Rose."

She was feeling angry but also couldn't deny the fact that he wasn't the one at fault.

"Then- then why am I wearing this t-shirt and who helped me change into this?" she asked while trying her best to look calm and composed.

"Yesterday night you vomited on my clothes and yours too."

Eva looked at him in disbelief.
'I puked on him? The wealthiest and the most eligible bachelor in the New York city, Liam Richardson! Damn Eva! it was really kind of him that he allowed you to sleep on a bed and didn't throw you out on the road.' she was still reeling from the shock as he continued,"Your clothes got dirty too and my housekeeper was on leave. So I changed your clothes."

"You did!?" she looked at him clearly shocked.

"Yes. Who else would have then?"

'Yesterday I slept in his room and today I woke up in his t-shirt. He even changed my clothes! God! please don't tell me that-'

Looking at her paled expression he added quickly,"Don't worry, I had my eyes closed and head turned. So I didn't see anything...much."

'There was no need to add that word 'much' in the end!'
Though she was still wearing her undergarments so he can be trusted on that. Right? she wondered. But she still wasn't sure if that was enough to make her feel at ease.

"Then la- last night we didn't...I mean  nothing happened between us. Right?" she was trying her best to convey the meaning of her sentence without actually using the word, he noticed. He had wanted to laugh at her reaction but couldn't because he knew well enough that if he did that she would get even more angry.

"Do you want to ask if we had sex last night?" he asked coolly.

She turned red at how easily he said that word and paled at its possibility of actually happening. She couldn't even nod her head in agreement let alone confirming it that yes that's what she wanted to know.

He kept his cup back on the table before placing his elbows on the table. He linked his fingers and rested his chin on his joined hands, his lips lifted from a corner as he asked looking at her.

"What do you think? Did something happened between us last night?"