Chapter - 39 The Thief

"Finally our beauty is ready." Ester announced.

Eva looked at her reflection and then at Ester.
"You sure have some magic in your hands. I am feeling like a Cinderella!" said Eva while still looking at her hair, makeup and the dress which clung to her waist like second skin before flairing out to her feet.

Ester laughed at her reaction.
"Well, Cinderella your Prince charming must be on his way."

"He isn't my Prince charming." Eva protested.

"Oh yes I trust whatever you say." Ester laughed as her phone started ringing she went out to receive the call.

Eva was now alone in the room. She once again looked at her reflection. she couldn't help but feel giddy and nervous. It felt like hundreds of butterflies were dancing in her stomach. Just then her eyes fell on a small hook at the back of her dress which was not fixed properly. She tried to fix it but her efforts were going in vain. Then she heard some footsteps. She was still facing the opposite side of the door as she called out,"Come and help me with the hook, please."

It was when the fingers touched her bare back while trying to fix the small hook she felt an electric shiver run through her body. She swung around and a startled gasp left her mouth as she saw Liam Richardson standing in front of her. He was wearing a tuxedo. The black made him look even more darker...even more dangerous. Eva fought back the wave of awareness and tried to bring her chaotic brain into some sort of order.

"Mr Richardson, wh- what are you doing here?"

"Why? Were you expecting someone else, Miss Rose?" he smirked.
An embarrassed colour rushed to her cheeks.

"You look beautiful, Miss Rose." he said lightly touching her cheek with the back of his hand.
"I don't know whether it's my infatuation towards you or the innocent look that you give me now and then that I feel this sudden urge to hide you from the eyes of the world where no one could see you but me where no one could hear you but me."

Eva looked into his magnetic pair of blue green eyes before finally saying,"Huh?"
She was confused. Did she hear it right? Or was she is so engrossed in thinking the plot of her book that she now had started hallucinating? After all making Mr Richardson the protagonist of her story wasn't that good of an Idea, especially for her heart, she decided. There's no way that he would say anything like that which sound scary but feels like a delicious threat to ears.

"You are hopeless, Ms Rose." Liam muttered.

"Oh sorry, it seems I disturbed you!" Eva and Liam both turned around and found Ester standing at the door. Eva realised her hands were on his chest and she quickly pushed him away to create some distance.

Seeing this Ester said,"It's alright you guys can continue. No one will notice even if you reached a little late." she winked at Eva.

"No it isn't like what you are thinking about-" Eva tried to defend herself.

"It's alright, honey. I trust whatever you say." said Ester but for some reason Eva couldn't bring herself to believe her words.

"Ester." Liam said in a warning tone.

"Oh guys, you may leave now but don't forget my payment, Liam." said Ester teasing Liam

"Of course how can I and I know even if I forgot you will be banging at my door."

"Yes, of course. I'll be there." she laughed.

***

They reached the venue and Liam helped her out of the car. The decorations were beautiful, trees were covered with lights and everything looked just like those parties which she had seen only on TV. She could hear the sound of music from this far. By the time they reached inside Eva's cheeks were aching from smiling for photographs and at strangers who were coming to meet and greet Liam.