Chapter - 41 Just a mistake...

As the rational thoughts at last found their way back to her brain she finally realised where she was and what she had done. She was sitting in the backseat of a car and she had just kissed har boss. It was he who kissed me!

'But you responded.' her inner voice mocked.

It wasn't just a simple kiss. He had kissed her like there was no tomorrow and she too had given into his demand. She gasped and quickly covered her mouth afraid to make even a tiny bit of noise. As her hand touched her lips the memory of their heated kiss from mere seconds ago sprang up again in her mind and the pink colour of her skin now turned scarlet as she remembered how she had put her arms around his neck and threaded her fingers into his silky hair.

'Oh God! What is happening to me?' she was feeling mortified and self disgusted at her behaviour. The tide of embarrassment was making her feel feverish. How would she ever look at him without remembering this incident that had made her throw all the common sense out of the window. The fact that she had enjoyed being kissed was making it all the more difficult to accept.

The car stopped and driver knocked at the privacy window,"We have arrived, Sir."

"Alright." said Liam before turning towards Eva and asking,"Are you alright?"

She was anything but alright. However, she is still nodded her head into a yes without looking at him. She wasn't sure if she would ever be able to look at him.

Liam got out of the car and Eva quickly readied herself to step out too. Though she didn't want to step out and be the subject to that intense blue-green gaze and for the first time the thought of spending the rest of her life in the backseat of a car sitting all alone didn't seem a bad option. But who was she to wish for. The door opened and she was compelled to step out. Taking the hand that was offered she tried her best to ignore the electricity that rushed through her cells at that simple innocent touch.

***

Eva was sitting in London office of Mr George Wilson, the man whose land had sparked Liam's interest. Liam was sure if he got his hold on that piece of land he would be able to churn it out for profits. He wanted that land at any cost and Eva had seen how much of hard work he had put into it to make sure he got what he wanted. At the moment the two men were discussing the deal.

With Liam's business tactics Eva was sure he wouldn't have any problem in getting the old man who was in his late 50s agree into his demands. However, the only problem was the other party who was also interested in this deal and wanted the land. Eva was sitting in the waiting area with Mr Wilson's secretary.

The other woman's phone started ringing and she excused herself. Now Eva was alone with her thoughts and no matter how much she try to suppress the memories of few hours ago her brain would just keep reminding her of those moments when she had thrown the sanity out of the window of the car and had given into the passionate kiss.

Feeling uneasy, she got up and walked to the nearest window to try and divert her attention from those embarrassing memories but nothing seemed to help her.

Suddenly she felt as if someone was watching her. She quickly turned around only to come face to face with the one who was responsible for her state of self derogation.

She quickly turned her head away and closed her eyes momentarily.
'Please, don't look at me and please, don't say anything. I am already feeling ashamed of my reaction from earlier. Don't make me feel more embarrassed.'

Liam looked down at the girl who had just turned her head away from him and had closed her eyes shut to block him from her sight. No woman had done this to him ever before but then again No woman had made him lose his self control the way he had lost just some mere hours ago. He wasn't a teenager anymore who was undergoing the hormonal changes. He was feeling angry for what this woman was reducing him to. He clenched his hands at his sides.