Chapter - 43 No Escape...

"Don't! Don't you dare say another lie this time." he looked at her angrily before getting up and pulling her up with him.
"You said you didn't know him that you never met him before this party tonight then what are these pictures?"
He threw the pictures on her and they landed at her feet. Scattered all around her as if mocking her.

"Please listen to me-"

"No." he said raising a hand in a gesture for her to stop.
"Not right now. I trusted you god damn it!" he looked at her angrily and she felt that he would strangle her the next minute but he kept his distance.
" I trusted you. I believed in your words. Huh!"  he laughed sarcastically.
"I was such a fool to think that I know you well. That you would never lie."

"Liam-"

"Did you tell him about our deal?" he asked narrowing his eyes. The scrutiny of his gaze felt like a stab in her heart.
"Tell me how much information have you given him."

"I didn't tell him anything! Not even a single word. How can you even think that?" Eva almost cried at the cruelty of his words.

"Because I saw you and him standing so close to each other. As close as only lovers will stand. When I asked you about it you said it was nothing. You lied to me that you met tonight for the first time then how come you are here in these photographs laughing and smiling at him?"

"Stop it now! It's not what you are thinking. I just went to the balcony to get some fresh air and he followed me there." she shuddered as she remembered how the other man had gotten uncomfortably close to her.
"Tonight, I met him for the second time. These pictures are of the time when I was waiting for you in the lobby and we had to go and meet Mr Wilson. He came himself and sat beside me I had no idea that he was our business rival."

"First you said that you met him tonight now you are saying that you met him yesterday and a minute later your answer will change again." he said running his hand through his hair leaving them in a mess.
" I can't believe I involved someone like you in such an important deal."

Eva looked that his devastatingly handsome yet harsh face and something slammed into her consciousness. He was like a god on a pedestal...untouchable...out of everyone's reach. And the likes of her who came from the modest sections of society were nothing to him.
He had allowed her to come this close to him only because she was the perfect shield he could use and dispose off easily. He made her act as his fake girlfriend and now when his purpose was served there was no use left of her. And it simply meant that it was time for her to leave. She gasped audibily and her hand went to her chest as if trying to stop the pain which felt like would squeeze every drop of her blood. She had fallen for this man. All the while trying her best to stay away from him she had finally fallen for his charms. All the colour drained from her face.

"What is it?" Liam frowned.

"So it's time."

"Time for what?"

"Time for me to leave. Of course your purpose is served. Your grandmother now believes in our facade and after I leave you can act as a heartbroken boyfriend." she said smiling bitterly.

He didn't said a word and that only confirmed her suspicion. She took a step back and almost faltered.

"Eva-"

"No." Her word made him stop where he was standing and she continued.
"My role is over now. The curtain has fallen and now the characters need to go their own way. As for your deal I didn't say even a single word of it to anyone. The reason I didn't tell you about that morning because I really had no idea who he was until you yourself told me about him and that scene from the party which you saw is not anything like you believe. He was drunk and he came to me. I didn't tell you anything because in case you got angry Mr Wilson's party would have been spoiled and I am sure he would not appreciate a man who would ruin his celebration."
She raised her chin defiantly. ''Tomorrow I'll leave after you sign the deal. I'll handover my resignation letter and we will never have to see each other anymore."