Chapter - 32 The Invitation

"You are testing my patience now!" Eva was burning with anger now.

He walked in front of her and stood face to face.
"Alright then. I will believe you if you prove it to me."

She looked at him frowning unable to understand what he actually meant. His eyes expressionless and never giving away what was going on behind them.

"Prove what?" she finally asked.

"Prove me that you don't like me. That you haven't fallen for my charms."

"A- and how do you want me to prove it?"

"Simple. Pretend as my girlfriend. Make my grandmother believe in our relationship. When she will start to believe us she will stop her attempts to set me up on dates and with girls. After sometime we will break up and then I will act as a heartbroken boy who will need time to mend his broken heart. So no one will disturb me again and I'll go back to my carefree bachelors life again."

The words that had come out of his mouth made Eva angry. Angry with him that how dare he ask her for such a thing.  Angry with herself to like a person who was a devil in angel's skin. Now she had no doubt that he had girls hanging on to both his arms hidden somewhere far from the world's sight. The man was no saint.

" I don't think I need to prove myself." she said and turned to leave.

"Don't you feel guilty?"  his voice came from behind her.
"Not even a little, Miss Rose?" his words made her stop. "Because of you I am stuck in all this so don't you think that you should take the responsibility to clear this mess? Hmm?"

Somewhere in her heart she knew that well enough. If only she had kept her mouth shut this situation wouldn't have arised.

"What do you want, huh?"  she asked losing her calm.

"As I said before, be my fake girlfriend."he replied coolly.

-----

Eva still couldn't believe at what she had done. She had fallen straight into Liam's trap. In heat of the moment she had agreed to his challenge just to prove that she doesn't like him but now she was not as confident  about her decision as she was while agreeing to this. Will she be able to prove that she doesn't like him when she knew very well that the truth was otherwise, she wondered.

There was still some time left before the office hours were over. She tried to focus on the work piled up in front of her so that she could stop thinking about Liam Richardson and replaying that scene from few hours earlier in her mind again and again. But her brain just refused her orders and kept bringing the face of Liam Richardson with the victorious smile plastered on his face again and again.

She felt someone's brooding presence on the door of her cabin. She realised she had developed some sort of signal receptors for Liam Richardson since their first meeting. Because whenever he was around she could feel his presence without even looking at him.

She knew he was standing at the door but she refused to look up and pretended to be busy in the file she was working upon.

When 3 minutes had passed and Eva still did not acknowledge his presence, Liam  entered the small cabin and placed a bag in front of her. She looked at the bag and then at Liam trying to understand what he was up to now.

He looked at her and giving one of his sexy smile he said,"Get ready,Ms Rose."

"Excuse me?" she frowned.

"We are going for a dinner."

"What!? I don't remember you telling me about any dinner today."

" I am telling you now."

"And I am refusing you now."

" I am not asking you, Miss Rose. It's an order. You. Have. To. Come."

" I am not your toy, Mr Richardson, for you to play around according to your wishes. And due to a certain someone I have lost my appetite. So please don't waste your time and money on me."

"Really?" he placed his hand on the table top and looking into her blazing eyes he continued,"For one, Miss Rose, you are not a toy for me. You. Are. My. Girlfriend. If you can manage to remember that on your own then good but if you can't then I will use my methods to fix that into your memory."he said giving that smirk.
"And second thing, Ms Rose, as my girlfriend you are coming with me. Without any objections."

He stretched his hand and touched her cheeks with the back of his fingers and all the blood rushed to her face. That victorious smile appeared on  his face again and seeing that Eva felt even more angry. But this time with herself. Only if she had her body under complete control she would never blush for this man ever and boost his ego like this.

"Eva my grandmother invited me for a dinner and we are going together. It will be our first step in the direction of making her believe in our relationship. In our love."

"You mean fake relationship and fake love." she interrupted.

"To make her believe that you are my girlfriend."he continued.

"You mean fake girlfriend." she was trying her best to annoy him. To make him just as angry as she was. But all her attempts were going down in vain because the guy in front of her was really good at ignoring the things he didn't want to hear or acknowledge. He just continued with giving his orders like he always did and demanding others to follow without any questions. Whether the other person like it or not.

"I am not in a mood to meet anyone today, Mr Richardson."
She noticed his facial features hardening. His clenched jaw and cold eyes told her that she had finally succeeded in annoying him though instead of feeling victorious she was now questioning herself if she had went too far just now.

"Miss Evangeline Rose, I hope you remember who caused all this trouble and the promise you made just few hours earlier. So it's time to take responsibility for your actions."

"But that doesn't mean-"

"Be a good girl and do as I say."

She once again opened her mouth to argue but was stopped when Liam placed a finger on her lips and then slowly brushed her lips with his thumb. His touch felt so seductive that Eva had to use all her willpower not to lean into his touch and loose what dignity was left of hers. She pulled away from his touch finally giving into his demand.

"Ok fine! I agree."

"Good girl. Get ready then." he said straightening himself to his full height and pushing the bag towards her.

" I will go in what I am wearing." she said.

She heard him making a low frustrated growl as he said in a dangerously soft voice,"Don't test my patience, Ms Rose. You are trying to cross my bottom line and trust me things won't go very pleasant if you continued to make objections like this."
He held her chin between his thumb and forefinger as he continued,"So wear it quickly and if you didn't then I am more than happy to remove every clothing off your body and getting you ready myself." he said with a glitter in his eyes. His tone now husky.
"And trust me I will do it."

Oh she knew it well enough that he will definitely do it. Alex had left early and no one comes to this floor so he wouldn't waste a second's thought before  carrying his words into actions. She gulped.

"Th- that's called sexual harassment."

"Really? What you did to me is called defamation, Ms Rose." he continued gently stroking her chin with his thumb. "Even though you are calling this harassment but the flush on your cheeks is saying something else." He said with the devilish smile.