Chapter - 47 Deal of life...

"Now that I think about it again...No. I don't want you as my girlfriend."

Was this guy crazy, Eva wondered.  He had told her about his past, something she was sure he never talked about to anyone else. He had shown his vulnerable side to her, something which no human would show to a stranger. This was what that had given her the hope that there was still a chance for them. That maybe her love would not end up unrequited or one-sided. That maybe she had found the love of her life and all she needed now was to wait patiently while trying her best so that one day he could finally accept their love.

But then why all of a sudden had he changed his words. To say she was annoyed and hurt would be an understatement.

Angry, she tried to wriggle out of his hold but he caught on her again and held her firmly on his lap.
"Would you stop squirming like that? Your squirming is having some really big affects on a very important part of my anatomy."

Eva's face turned red with both anger and embarrassment as she realised the meaning behind his words. How can this guy be flirty in such a situation, she wondered.

"Then what do you want from me?" she asked while trying to suppress her anger.

He touched her cheek with a shaking hand and his eyes were filled with a strange emotion, she noticed.

"Eva, during these past two weeks your absence almost drove me crazy. At first I thought I didn't need you and I tried to focus on my work but I just couldn't. Without you around everything seemed so colourless. I started venting my anger on my employees and even fired two of them." he shrugged looking a bit guilty.

"On some days, I committed hundreds of millions of dollars to projects which I can't even remember now. On other days, I cancelled all my meetings. Half of my board started threatening to quit and muttering dark suspicions about my mental health. But for all that, I felt exhausted and numb. Hollow.
I’d tried to run away from my feelings. I'd tried not to think of you. But I failed. You were all I could think about. In your absence I even started hating work. Most of all, I hated myself because I'd made you cry." he said giving a sad smile.

He breathed in deeply as he continued, " Alex couldn't handle my mood swings anymore. So he helped me to hatch a plan to bring you back. I stalked you to this place. I had thought I would buy this place and make you work under me once again. But then it was just one kiss, one small little touch and I became greedy for you once again. So I decided to get you back as my girlfriend." he took a deep breath.

"But now when you are finally agreeing to me I want to test my luck further. I even have my lucky charm with me today." he smiled nervously touching the handkerchief in his pocket.

" I have fallen for you, Evangeline Rose. Maybe it happened on the day when you took my side in front of Louisa. You placed  your trust on me and defended me. No one cared for me like that ever before but that day you made me realise how lonely I was up till now. It was such a foreign feeling that I was scared to accept it and named it as infatuation. ofcourse how could I love anyone but then your absence made me realise that I can't live without you. You are like a drug I have become addicted to." He smiled.

Eva was more than shocked but she wanted to believe him. She wanted to continue listening to him. She wanted to cling onto the hope his words were giving her. She wanted this man so badly.

He took out something from his pocket and held it out to Eva. It was a small box. He opened it for her and there was a diamond ring sparkling at her.

" I don't know why I brought it with me here because I had thought that I was still not ready to confess to you because maybe you needed time to accept my feelings but now I am here I would like to say this right now. Though I would have sat on my knees but since you are sitting on my thighs, it's much better like this. So, Ms Evangeline Rose, will you marry me? Please? Because I don't think I can survive another day without you by my side."