Chapter - 12 The Gift

Next day...

Eva was sitting on her chair staring blankly at the computer screen, waiting for Liam.

"It's strange that he hasn't arrived yet and I used to think that he even sleeps in his office." She sighed. "But it's just 8:30 a.m. and I hardly got any sleep last night."

She woke up early this morning and wasn't really sure about the reason. Maybe she had slept early last night or maybe working for Liam Richardson had interrupted her sleep cycle or maybe those blue green eyes which appear every night in her dreams were the reason for this lack of sleep. Though she wasn't sure about it but at the moment there was a bigger question that she needed the answer of.
"How exactly should I thank Liam Richardson for his help last night?"

Just then the lift doors opened and Liam walked straight to his office without looking at her.

'It isn't like he ever spared a glance to this lowly side of the floor.'
She quickly prepared his coffee and knocked at the door.

"Come in."
She placed the coffee on the table and was now planning to say her thank you speech which she had been working on mentally from the last few hours.

"Good morning, Mr Richardson."

"Morning." he replied with his eyes glued to the papers in front of him.
She took a deep breath but the thank you speech that she had practiced till morning suddenly deserted her and now she couldn't remember even a single word of it.

He looked at her as if irritated with something or someone or maybe her, Eva realised gloomily.

He brushed his hair with his fingers leaving them in oh so sexy state.

"Ms Evangeline, you have something to say?" he asked looking at her.

"Yes." she replied. 'And I will say it if you stop distracting me with your good looks!'

"Then say it."

Just then her eyes fell on his hand which was wounded last night. The bandage on it looked a little damp.
"Your bandage needs to be changed."

" I am busy. I will do it later."

" I have the bandage from yesterday."
Just with these words she left his office without even waiting to hear his reply. She fished out the bandage and antiseptic from her bag and came back a few minutes later and stood in front of him. He looked at her and just kept looking.

"Uh...Mr Richardson, show me your hand."

"Oh.. ok." He stretched his hand towards her and she gently removed the previous bandage and cleaned the wound. Seeing in daylight and now when she was less nervous she realised that the wound was a little too deep as if he had punched a wall. She was sure the guy who was punched last night must have lost a tooth or two. She applied the ointment and covered the wound.

"It's done. You just have to change it once or twice again and then it can be left open to heal."

After tending to his wound she got back to her office and started working on the new file that she was given to revise.

"Why do I feel like I forgot something really important?" she wondered before finally realising. "Oh crap! I had to thank him but going again just like this will be awkward. Maybe I should give him something."
But the problem was she had no idea what she could give to a man who already had everything the world could offer. So she decided to take the help of one who always have the answer of all your questions - Google.

So she started her search and kept searching. Minutes passed and even an hour had passed but she still had no freaking idea about what to give to "I have it all guy".

Just then her eyes fell on a handkerchief stuffed in the coat pocket of a male model. Her face brightened as she finally decided what she was going to gift him with.

That day she was able to leave a little early and on her way back she bought a plain white handkerchief. The moment she reached home she first started her search for the needle and thread that her mom had packed with her other stuff for some unknown reason. But today the needle and thread had finally found its use.

She started with needle work. She had planned to design his initials because that way it would look like she had actually put some efforts in it. For the first time in her life she was actually feeling grateful that her mother had taught her this.

"Ouch!" Eva winced as the needle pierced into her finger. She sucked on her finger lightly and continued with her work.

After 4 or 5 hours of tedious needlework she had finally completed her masterpiece.
"Ok. I hope he will at least not dislike it."

She folded it carefully and placed it back in the small gift box

Next morning...
She knocked at the door of CEO's office.

"Come in."

She placed his coffee on the table and her eyes fell on his hand. He had changed the bandage today, she noticed. She placed the small gift box on the table and slid it a little towards him.

"That day you had helped me and I couldn't thank you enough. So, um.. this is for you." she smiled awkwardly.

How do you think he will react to the gift?? 🤭